• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Haggis

What Is The Best Bargain You Have Had

Brand new for £49.99 Seiko Alarm Chronograph 200m

watches022.jpg

i have had many a bargain probably best one was a tudor prince i gave £200.00 for sold it for £500.00 and a rolex airking at £550.00 sold it for £800.00 just bought a tissot prc200 brand new for £83.00 complete with box set so that was pretty good to.

watches022.jpg

i have had many a bargain probably best one was a tudor prince i gave £200.00 for sold it for £500.00 and a rolex airking at £550.00 sold it for £800.00 just bought a tissot prc200 brand new for £83.00 complete with box set so that was pretty good to.

Just bought a PRC200 for the old man for his birthday, cracking watch.

I'll give you £84 for it....... :)

watches022.jpg

Just bought a PRC200 for the old man for his birthday, cracking watch.

I'll give you £84 for it....... :)

ha ha would be nice yeah but these are £250.00 new and i like the watch so will where it a while before i do anything with it.

All the watches I buy are bargains. :wink:

Actually I'd have to say that's true with me. I find the market price for a watch I want, then spend six months searching trying to get it for less than that :P Feels so good when I finally get it though! (And feel quietly smug when I see someone else buy/sell the same watch on the forum for £50 more than I paid) This way when I come around to selling it I have a good chance of getting my money back :) (I'm only young, and that's only the tip of my thriftyness, I even buy used clothes... :lookaround: )

I got this in a 2-4-1 sale. I only realised when I went to the counter to pay and the girl put two in the bag.

24092009139.jpg

After a bit of discussion with her indicating that I didn't really need two identical watches she let me have one for half price.

Must have been desperate to get rid of them

:lol: :lol:

£25 for my Seiko 6105-8000 :D

Damn..... Beats my 6105 8010 for £90 :D

Yeah.... But then again you know what condition it was in when I received it, shame I had to then spend another £120 on it :lol:

I got this in a 2-4-1 sale. I only realised when I went to the counter to pay and the girl put two in the bag.

24092009139.jpg

After a bit of discussion with her indicating that I didn't really need two identical watches she let me have one for half price.

Must have been desperate to get rid of them

:lol: :lol:

Like the watch.... not the jumper!

This was given to me by a Festina rep back in 95 for free,it was worth around £120 then,definitely my best bargain!(not counting heirlooms) :)

100_0275.jpg

100_0676.jpg

There have been two purchases where neither I nor the seller knew the value of a watch.

The first was offered as Russian and not working(minus one pusher)it cost less than £30. A bit of research established it was a Swiss Valjoux and a visit to Steve Burrage transformed a rather tatty, grubby watch into .........

IMGP1930.jpg

Julian (L)

Minus gifts etc I think I win hands down with this one

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58540&st=0&p=595413&hl=Reactor%20alpha&fromsearch=1&#entry595413

Brand new reactor alpha for £7.49 off the bay. :)

Edit: found the item number so you can check out the horrendous listing: 190433116679

Edited by thomasaurus

Sorry,all i`ve just got to echo Mutley.Every time one arrives in the post 710 says not another to which i answer "i only bought it cos it was a bargain."hypocrite.gif

watches022.jpg

I was passing the jewelers and the staff were re arranging the window display, he put the watch on a Seiko 5 holder saying £49.99 and the Seiko 5 on the other saying £189.99. I told him that I wanted the watch with the green strap.Deal done.I even said that's a great deal. He just agreed.

Got these two at £150 the pair from an ebay seller a few weeks ago, he posted them as `seiko watch` I saw them a couple of minutes after he posted them (auction style) and sent him the offer just in case, got up the next morning to find he had ended them early and taken my offer, both are all original and run perfectly at about +10 secs, I doubt there will be another bargain like that any time soon for me, shows they still out there though so the hunt goes on :naughty:

DSCF1080.jpg

Well, I really don't know but got this from Amazon a while ago for less than 30 quid (I think)...

timestseries117.jpg

Don't have a really good photo of it... and yeah, it's a quartz but still...

Edited by Kutusov

This is probably my biggest bargain. It was on the Bay with an awful photograph and I paid £8 for it. It needed a clean up and a polish of the crystal, but it is much better than I could have hoped.

laco03.jpg

laco04.jpg

Picked up this Casio Waveceptor on ebay for £13:

100_4814.jpg

Advertised as spares/repair, it had a missing clasp, flat battery, and a scratched crystal. I already had a few spare Casio clasps in my spares box, I've got a massive collection of batteries in almost every size so that was no problem, and I polished out the scratch with Brasso in about 2 mins. Now one of my favourites, and a definite keeper.