• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Photo Editing Software Help!!!

pauluspaolo

Hi all after having rebuilt my system (what a pain but at least it's up and running again smile.gif) I've managed to delete my copy of ACDSee (which is what I used to view and edit all my pictures and photos), of course I hadn't backed up the files on my hard drive before the rebuild so it's gone for good now taz.gifmsn-cry.gif

I'm sure I remember someone posting a link to a downloadable version of Paintshop pro (or some such) recently. Can someone point me in the right direction please - or even just tell me where it is?

Ta muchly smile.gif

taz.gif If you are running XP and have a CD/DVD burner, then might I suggest you look at Roxio photo suite or better still creator 7.

A free evaluation copy of Roxio Photosuite 5E is available with this month's PC Pro mag.(Dec 2004 issue 122).You also get a £20 rebate on an upgrade to C7.

Tom

taz.gif If you are running XP and have a CD/DVD burner, then might I suggest you look at Roxio photo suite or better still creator 7.

A free evaluation copy of Roxio Photosuite 5E is available with this month's PC Pro mag.(Dec 2004 issue 122).You also get a £20 rebate on an upgrade to C7.

Tom

Hi Tom

It's evaluation but is full version?

taz.gif Yes it is the full version and is good enough for most tasks.However if you what to do more ie store data to cd, rip cd's and print album covers etc.(as well as photo editing storage et al).Then use the discount coupon to get Creator 7 for £30.

Tom

• 16 years later...

Gimp is pretty good and considering that it’s free, it’s pretty spectacular.

Photoscape X is also a great app. The basic free package has a ton of presets and has some deeper editing functionality as well.

If you want something more photography oriented I recommend DarkTable which are sort of comparable to Lightroom .

more free photo editing programs here: https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-1790.html