• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Carlotwf

Glycine Combat "Pilot"

The Glycine Combat model is one of my favorite watches. Its beautiful dial is super readable in any condition, the large face is immediately noticeable but the slim case makes the watch super comfortable to wear even under a shirt. I like this so much that I have two of these, one of which I wanted to use for a special project. The original one has now a mesh bracelet and other then that it is totally original, works great, keeps incredible time and is one of my favorite watches.

scIMG_1940.jpg

The second watch is a different story and it has been a planned project for some months. Yesterday after Thanksgiving dinner and the Pumpkin pie I found myself with half an hour during which I did not what to do. I decided to go ahead with the project and did it. This consisted simply in replacing the original hands with some pilot style hands to change the looks a bit. The hands by the way come from Mr. Roland Kemmner a gentleman WIS who was very kind and extremely helpful in sending them to me for this project. They are really nice, glow all night and fit well. Now I have my custom Glycine Combat "Pilot" watch. I hope you enjoy the photos and sorry for the dust and lint on some of the pictures. My wrist by the way is a little over 8".

sIMG_1980.jpg

sIMG_1979.jpg

sIMG_1976.jpg

sIMG_1982.jpg

sIMG_1989.jpg

Very nice!! I like them both. I don't have the skills to do what you have but I have a Combat Sub which I really like (although some might think the original hands on mine should be replaced!).

Glycine001.jpg

Roger

Edited by Stinch

I like the mod, the handset is lovely, but, I prefer the original, they are excellent, very legible watches.

lovely watch and the blue hands improve it. A glycine comabt has been moving up my wanted list for some time now. I like the one with the coloured dial. Can anyone tell me what the actual colour is? It appears reddish on some photos and orange-ish on others.

Anyone confirm the colour...thanks

oh and if anyone has one to sell....???

glycinecombat07auto.jpg

According to the Glycine website, it's orange http://www.glycine-watch.ch/e/collection/detail.e.jsp?ID_Group=100003&ID_Display=100027

Edited by Kutusov

It's bright orange, I owned one and bought it off this forum. I sold it on quickly because it was bright orange. If I'd had a regular white/black one then it would have made number 2 in my list if ideal watches, after number 1, the Oris BC3.

lovely watch and the blue hands improve it. A glycine comabt has been moving up my wanted list for some time now. I like the one with the coloured dial. Can anyone tell me what the actual colour is? It appears reddish on some photos and orange-ish on others.

Anyone confirm the colour...thanks

oh and if anyone has one to sell....???

glycinecombat07auto.jpg

was it that bad Mark?, the orange. I really need to see one in the flesh. At about £450-ish, its a lot of money for a watch (for me anyway) so it has to be right. I do rather like the idea of orange/red markers, dials but not if it is too bright and garish.

I think its a stunning watch and is right up there at No.1 on my list of want/need/must have watches.

cheers and continued good evening

Edited by newwy

was it that bad Mark?, the orange. I really need to see one in the flesh. At about £450-ish, its a lot of money for a watch (for me anyway) so it has to be right. I do rather like the idea of orange/red markers, dials but not if it is too bright and garish.

I think its a stunning watch and is right up there at No.1 on my list of want/need/must have watches.

It's a tinny ring so if you like the idea of a Watch with orange in it, it shouldn't be too much...

thanks for the link kutosov...its currently showing 'out of stock at factory' status.

where can I get to see one in Liverpool? Are glycine readily stocked in watch/jewellers??

The wife is going to go nuts if I mention that I'd like another watch, especially the thick end of 500 notes and coming on top of just buying the Laco pilot...oh sh*t...whats a man to do...

She did mention a while back that she was going to splash out for my 50th birthday...talking about a nice holiday and other things...hmmm. The problem is I'm only 45!............ :shocking:

Hmmm, answers on a postcard please

lol...nice one kutosov, thanks for your pm. you are a gentleman and most helpful...as is everyone else on this forum

cheers

For me, yes, it was that bad. At first I didn't notice it too much, but the more I looked at it the more it bothered me. Soon, when I looked at it, I couldn't help thinking how much better it would look without the orange. Eventually, all I could see was an orange ring...........

£450? I didn't know the new price but residuals can't be that great then because I think I paid and sold it for around the £215 mark and it was mint.

[For me, yes, it was that bad. At first I didn't notice it too much, but the more I looked at it the more it bothered me. Soon, when I looked at it, I couldn't help thinking how much better it would look without the orange. Eventually, all I could see was an orange ring...........

£450? I didn't know the new price but residuals can't be that great then because I think I paid and sold it for around the £215 mark and it was mint.

Hmm, you've put me off now Mark. Well, I really need to see one in the cold light of day and if they sell for approx. £200 used then I should really be looking for a used one, but it would have to be in top condition.

If anyone has one and considering selling then please do contact me...

Thanks for all the input guys

Very nice!! I like them both. I don't have the skills to do what you have but I have a Combat Sub which I really like (although some might think the original hands on mine should be replaced!).

Glycine001.jpg

Roger

Thank you very much for the kind words. I like them both too and in fact I like yours too, a lot!

Very nice! Personally I like the one with blue hands a lot better!

... and Stinch's Combat Sub is... :drool:

Thank you very much and yes I like that one too... :thumbsup:

For me, yes, it was that bad. At first I didn't notice it too much, but the more I looked at it the more it bothered me. Soon, when I looked at it, I couldn't help thinking how much better it would look without the orange. Eventually, all I could see was an orange ring...........

:lol:

This one would really annoy you...

glysub2.jpg

:D

No, I very much like that one. :)

:lol:

This one would really annoy you...

glysub2.jpg

:D