• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Steinhart Aviation Watch

joeval

Have recently purchased a Steinhart Aviation watch similar in looks to a Bell and Ross

Very impressed with the quality of this automatic watch.

Steinharts as a company are great to deal with.

Anyone had experience of Steinharts I am thinking of ordering another watch model from them.

Howard

You'll find a few Steinhart fans around here. Me, for one... But only based on my Aviation. I like the look of the fliegers, and the new Proteus, too.

270a492e.jpg

Which Aviation did you go for? GMT?

Hi

Went for Aviation auto like yours

Great watch but wears much larger than 44mm I did not realise the square shape makes it feel much larger

I fancy one of their miltray ones next

Howard

Have recently purchased a Steinhart Aviation watch similar in looks to a Bell and Ross

Anyone had experience of Steinharts I am thinking of ordering another watch model from them.

Howard

You contravene forum rules 'cos you haven't posted loads of pictures for us to drool over! :P

Howard

You contravene forum rules 'cos you haven't posted loads of pictures for us to drool over! :P

sorry but cannot putting pictures on site

will try to learn.

Howard

I like that :thumbsup:

(wanders off to have a look at the Steinhart site)

Edit:

I did like that - the silly little date window ruins it for me :disgust: .

:D Strangely, that's one of the details I like. I like that it's white on black, circular, and lines up with the 'automatic' text. And I rarely refer to the date, so don't particularly want it to dominate. My eyes aren't great, but it's clear enough for me when I do need it. Different strokes, eh?

and the new Proteus, too.

That one looks brilliant! It's a shame it's for WUS members only... oh wait! I am a member! :P

Here's mine (thanks to that poor house stirrer Draygo) -

5m9sgl.jpg

I'm lucky enough to have put my name down for a Proteus of which there are only 111 (mine being 59 - my birth year) -

proteusproto14.jpg

these are from germany right ?

I really do fancy one of these. Did you guys pay any duties on this watch. Germany has 19% vat, is that what you pay, or do they not charge vat at all and let you settle it with customs?

Lastly, what is the quality of the straps like on these

Some great pics u guys have there

Steinhart are Swiss made watches retailled in Germany.

I think the way it works is you pay the local duty [19%] then it attracts no import duty.

You can only remove the 19% if your outside of the EU, then it would attract local import duties when it's delivered.

Lovely looking watches.

And by all accounts very competitively priced.

steve

Steinhart are Swiss made watches retailled in Germany.

I think the way it works is you pay the local duty [19%] then it attracts no import duty.

You can only remove the 19% if your outside of the EU, then it would attract local import duties when it's delivered.

That's quite right. I bought a watch recently from Robert watches (again a German company selling Swiss made watches) and that was how it worked.

Love the Steinharts in this thread, but sadly I suspect they'd be too big for my skinny lady wrists.

Howard

Earlier this week I received my new Steinhart Ocean 1 vintage red. Their service was exemplary and the build quality excellent. I would highly recommend Steinhart - even more so now with the current value of the Euro.

Des

There were still some Proteus slots open a week or two ago, but the non-rotating bezel killed it for me. Swappable bezels, extra strap (and a titanium bracelet coming later), all very nice. But single color lume ...? :dontgetit: :dntknw:

The declining Euro has me choking back tears a little, I bought an Ocean Black a month ago that is wrapped up until Christmas day ... paying US$20-30 more for getting it the same day they were available again after long unavailability (the Euro has slipped; in fact, I bought at the Euro's highest point in the past several weeks, can I get a medal for that?). Used Paypal, which charged ignorant-me about $10 more for the conversion :groan: than my credit union would have. And just learned that the Ocean 2s will have ceramic bezels, and the "refresh" of the Ocean 1 only got a new caseback. :dummyspit:

This is silly of course, it's a gorgeous watch that I'm going to have tons o' fun putting on various straps. (I even bought fancy Hirsch straps as immediate gifts for this watch.) ONLY glitch that I can find is a tiny defect on the inside of the sapphire crystal, so small I didn't see it until editing macro shots in Photoshop. (I know that Herr Steinhart will replace it no question, but I'm not sending it back ONLY for this tiny issue.)

All this lets me continue dreaming about the Ocean2-GMT which will be rumored to be available (maybe to forum members, maybe openly) in the same DLC that my Ocean Black has. :drool: