• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Another Watch, Start To Finish

The dial got back to me today, i made it from an over 1/8" thick damascus (remember? ) so the guys at the machine shop jumped on it with an EDM cutter and made it into four 1/64" thick pieces. I love those guys :)

That sounds like a serious bit of kit :eek:

BTW The skill displayed in this thread is awesome

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys :)

My own workshop is a bit meager, but i have a friend with a big, very well equipped machine shop who lets me bug his employees from time to time :)

Just a quick little update, i got my bands from the maker today, so here's the bezel, dial, and the bands. The base is with my friend for sand blasting right now, so it couldn't be present in the photo...

IMG_6157.jpg

Thank you for looking, take care,

Ondrej

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your patience and kind words :)

Guys, here's second to last post on this progress, all of these parts are now almost finished, just missing the DLC treatment, which i'm sending them off to tomorrow morning. So, the next post will be about me putting the watch together.

Anyway, i made the crown and the little thingy to screw the winding stem into today, and also, i took a picture of all the parts before sending them off to the DLC. In the meantime, i will prepare the hands, the movement, screws, and lots of other boring stuff :)

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

Ondrej

Do you know what...very soon, as well as people wanting an RLT, they'll be wanting an OPB to add to their collection.

I second that!

The watches Ondrej makes look 1st class, and I cant wait so see the end product and also when Ondrej starst on mine :thumbup:

Edited by Citiz

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys :)

So, finally, the D-day is here, i got all the parts, and here is the final post, cause the watch is now finished, and ready for the photographer to do his magic on it.

Here i'm doing some stuff to the hands :)

IMG_6264.jpg

And all the parts laid out. While the parts were getting the DLC on, i switched the date ring on the movement for this lovely black one - to go with the overall concept.

IMG_6285.jpg

And the last picture before the professional shots...

IMG_6286.jpg

Ondrej

Thank you guys,

i'm having a courier pick it up tomorrow to get it to my photographer, and i hope i'll be able to post some pics soon.

Speedy work, well, that's very relative. The truth is, i myself work fairly quickly (cause i tend to not **** about in the shop :) ), but most of the delays is caused basically by absence of certain machines in my shop.

Let me explain - i don't have a surface grinder, EDM machine, heat treating owen (i have one, but it's not suitable for stainless stuff), and DLC machine. So whenever i need something like that done, i have to either give the parts or send them somewhere to have it done. And that builds up the making times considerably.

With this one, i was able to time everything pretty well, but i have another watch in the making, and it's been stuck in my shop for about six months now.

Ondrej