• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Griff

Ye Famous Black Puddings

I have a twisted veggie mate who doesn't drink beer because they use finnings (or something which is taken from the swim bladders of fish) to clear the ale.

Strange world when you have to go in a pub and ask if the beer is suitable for veggies!

They also do that to Whiskey!

John - How can you have turned out so wrong when you were brought up on the same diet as me wink.giflaugh.gif ?

Pigs' feet and hock with sloppy peas eat.gif . Cow heel bits, pig bag etc. eat.gif .

I recall you listened to the same sort of music too ohmy.gif .

A clear case of nature over nurture laugh.gif .

Wrong .... me? laugh.giflaugh.gif

John - How can you have turned out so wrong when you were brought up on the same diet as me wink.gif  laugh.gif ?

Pigs' feet and hock with sloppy peas eat.gif . Cow heel bits, pig bag etc. eat.gif .

I recall you listened to the same sort of music too ohmy.gif .

A clear case of nature over nurture laugh.gif .

Wrong .... me? laugh.giflaugh.gif

You just don't realize it yet tongue.giflaugh.gif .

You just don't realize it yet tongue.gif  laugh.gif .

Very New Labour Ian laugh.gif

Sorry John. We're on the wrong forum ph34r.gif . I led you on and take full responsibility nono.gif .

.....eeee I remember when they used to bring those mushy mussels in vinegar round the working mens' clubs eat.gifwink.gif .

I preferred the cockles myself .... ah them were days eat.gif four pints of warm beer a jar of cockles and a pickled egg.

Edited by JoT

Yep,

Cockles are very dog's and so were the pastties that we had at Norton working men's club when I was a lad.

I sang "and did those feet" (on stage) at one of those hallowed nights at the working mens club and got a free pastie and lots of applause. smile.gif I was probably nine years old and read the Eagle and so full honour. What a shock middle age is. laugh.giflaugh.gif

We left the club at 11 pm. eek.gif

I slept in 'til 9 am on Sunday. huh.gif

Guest neil

On the way back from the boot sale on Sunday morning I always stop at the sea food stall and buy a tub of jellied eels and some cockles and prawns.

Then when I get home eat the jellied eels as soon as I get in the door. laugh.gif

I don't know if you Northerners know but around the London area there are Pie and mash shops, most really old where you can get stewed eels, pie, mash and liquor all on the same plate.

Manzes in Tower Bridge road is my favourite.

Lovely. biggrin.gif

I preferred the cockles myself .... ah them were days eat.gif four pints of warm beer a jar of cockles and a pickled egg.

And you wonder why there's no Mrs. T? wink2.gif

Not sure what my malfunction is... laugh.gif

And you wonder why there's no Mrs. T? wink2.gif

I know Colin .... I think its the after effects of the pickled eggs wacko.gif

... Russian girls are a lot easier to please laugh.giftongue.gif

Sometimes get the urge for some good old sea snails.........whelks!!!...user posted image

I loved Whelks Griff. Cooked fresh and still covered in that snotty mucous slime eat.gif .

I don't know if you Northerners know but around the London area there are Pie and mash shops, most really old where you can get stewed eels, pie, mash and liquor all on the same plate.

I've had jellied eels Neil but regret never visiting a pie and mash shop sad.gif .

I'm a vegetarian now so I must apply for a special dispensation from the Yoghurt Knitter General and try it wink.gif .

In Turkey this year I asked for some salad in a kebab wrap, explaining that I didn't eat meat. The stall holder smeared lamb fat over the wrap before filling it with salad and yoghurt laugh.gif . I ate the bloody thing of course eek.giflaugh.gif .

Edited by raketakat