• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seiko Monster/ Mini Monster Help Please

natnat

Hi there,

I did post this in the Japaneese watch section too but thought It might get viewed more here.

I want to buy a Seiko Monster but have some questions before I dive in. I have seen the pictures of the mini or baby monster and thats the one I think I want. I am a bit confused though, I though the mini would be a bit smaller than the original monster but I read in a review that it is bigger?

I liked the idea of the smaller one as I am a girl and thought it would be better for me.

So questions are:

does anyone know the size difference?

does anyone know of a good trusted dealer in the UK?

and any opinions on what would look better on a woman between the white dial and the black dial and bezel?

Any help apreciated

Thanks

Nat

Hi Nat,

The mini monster is more commonly called the neo monster, which may help your searching :yes:

I'm pretty sure that despite the name, the Monster and 'snacksize' monster (as i like to call it :lookaround: ) are about the same size - if you look at the post here http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55626 it still wears pretty large. According to Amazon specs - seiko monster is 47mm diameter, and monster neo should be 43mm, so not much in it!

(a review of normal monsters too: http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55950)

RE: Trusted Dealers: Finding monsters in the UK - you're best to look on RLT's website, as Roy has them every so often, or in the sales forum when you get enough posts - there was one through a few weeks back http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61594 . Amazon has them, but they are very overpriced :thumbsdown:

I've got fairly small wrists, and the monster looks pretty big on me, but i dont care, I love divers too much :to_become_senile:

photo0150a.jpg

but a lot depends on if you're slim, small wrists etc and own preferences - maybe pop into a jewellers / dive shop and ask to try on a few divers to see if dive watches are for you?

Monster's are a heavy watch though, so I very strongly recommend if you get one to not wear on a stainless steel bracelet if you have slim wrists or find it uncomfortable to wear large watches....

Edited by sparrow

Ooops!! my finger slipped on the key board and I acidently bought one :hypocrite:

Thanks for the input Sparrow. I always ware mens watches and love divers so it should be ok. I do have slim wrists but like heavy watches.

I do like the look of yours and really like the orange but being a girl I had to think of colour coordination with everything else lol.

I went for the white dial snacksize monster in the end, I found a trusted seller with 100% feedback which I read through a lot of, I think I am pretty safe. UK seller too so should get it pretty quick. ooh it's exciting :)

All I have to do now is work out how to upload pics.

Hi there,

I did post this in the Japaneese watch section too but thought It might get viewed more here.

I want to buy a Seiko Monster but have some questions before I dive in. I have seen the pictures of the mini or baby monster and thats the one I think I want. I am a bit confused though, I though the mini would be a bit smaller than the original monster but I read in a review that it is bigger?

I liked the idea of the smaller one as I am a girl and thought it would be better for me.

So questions are:

does anyone know the size difference?

does anyone know of a good trusted dealer in the UK?

and any opinions on what would look better on a woman between the white dial and the black dial and bezel?

Any help apreciated

Thanks

Nat

I`m actually selling one of the mini monsters at the moment pity your post count is so low :)

I thought the neo referred soley to the black pvd type and the others with the crown at 3:00 are simply mini monsters, regardless of their actual dimensions compared to the full fat Monster?

FWIW I have an original Orange Monster and have to say the quality of finish is worthy of a watch several times its cost. It is a pain that it doesn't properly hack and the accuracy ain't fantastic even after regulating but compared to other £100-£300 it is streets ahead, lets hope the mini is as good.

ps seeing as Roy is oos on Monsters I thought it wouldn't be too rude to point out that for any Seiko or other Jap type thing it is always worth a look at creation watch in the states. The prices seem good even after shipping.

Hi, Nat,..........to upload pics you'll need to find a web hosting site and upload your pics there, where you'll then be able to link your pics to your posts. I use Photobucket (Google to find it), which is free for the basic package (and I've posted hundreds of pics). This is how I do it....take pic (if your camera has a setting for forum/email pics, set it to that)...upload to 'My Documents', and check that the pic is OK. Go to Photobucket, register (you only have to do this once) click upload, open the file and you're sorted. To link the pic, hover over the pic you want and L click the 4th option (the one with IMG at each end) This should automatically copy the image. Go back to your post (have two tabs open...RLT and Photobucket, so you can switch between the two quickly), make sure your cursor is below any text you've written, and R click to bring up 'paste' option, then L click to select & paste. Click review post to make sure everything's OK, adjust if neccessary, then click post.........sorted!! :thumbsup: I know this sounds long winded, but once you've done it a couple of times, it only takes a couple of minutes.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Ooops!! my finger slipped on the key board and I acidently bought one :hypocrite:

Thanks for the input Sparrow. I always ware mens watches and love divers so it should be ok. I do have slim wrists but like heavy watches.

I do like the look of yours and really like the orange but being a girl I had to think of colour coordination with everything else lol.

I went for the white dial snacksize monster in the end, I found a trusted seller with 100% feedback which I read through a lot of, I think I am pretty safe. UK seller too so should get it pretty quick. ooh it's exciting :)

Hi Nat,

take a look here for pictures - looking forward to seeing teh watch :yes:

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61348

Hi guys thanks for the replies,

Cheers Gaz but I have bought one now anyway,don't tempt me to buy another lol. Also thanks to Roger I actually opened a photobucket account at the weekend so will get uploading soon.

I got an email Saturday evening from the seller with a tracking number so its on it's way!

Thought I would post a alink to a photo of the watch from google. I will post one of the actual watch when it arrives.

snzf45k1-2.jpg

Hi guys thanks for the replies,

Cheers Gaz but I have bought one now anyway,don't tempt me to buy another lol. Also thanks to Roger I actually opened a photobucket account at the weekend so will get uploading soon.

I got an email Saturday evening from the seller with a tracking number so its on it's way!

Thought I would post a alink to a photo of the watch from google. I will post one of the actual watch when it arrives.

snzf45k1-2.jpg

That's very cool, love the White dial. I've got a black monster and they are superb, was the first proper watch I bought. The bracelet and lume are amazing...actually I can't find a fault on mine, they are probs THE best value for money watch going tbh.

It's here!!!!!!!!!!!

I got home yesterday and there was was a slip from the postie where I had missed it:( I had to wait till this morning to pick it up. It's soooo much better than I expected and very quick delivery, I only ordered it Friday evening.

I am at work now though so cant adjust the strap till I get home and it's obviously way to big a for my wrists as it is, grrrrr.

As for those pics everyone, very very nice. I especially like the orange one the black strap with orange stitching luuuuuuuurvly. I will try and get some pics tonight and upload them if my home computer stops throwing hissy fits.