• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Nos Bullhead 5 Sport Speedtimer

Paul66

This has got to be one of my "best buys" of 2010 so I thought I'd share it with everyone!!!!

I bought this watch from the Grandson of the original owner who left it to him. The Grandfathers brother bought it new in South Australia in the 70's as a present for his brother and sent it over to the Uk. I have the original addressed packaging the watch was sent over in from the seventies!

For some reason Grandad didn't wear it, maybe he didn't like it or maybe for sentimental reasons friends.gif he thought he would only wear it on special occasions and there were not any/many!

I already own a few Bullheads but this is by far the best one I've found!

speedtimer012.jpg?t=1297526763

speedtimer008.jpg?t=1297526763

speedtimer017.jpg?t=1297526763

Edited by Paul66

I already own a few Bullheads but this is by far the best one I've found!

Very nice condition, Paul. thumbsup.gif Not quite my cuppa tea - colours are very 70's too - but still a beautiful thing to own. good.gif

Thanks Paul. thumbsup.gif Theres something about the 70's watches that do it for me!! Must be my age!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now have quite a few (probably too many) from that era. rolleyes.gif

Definitley a thing of beauty.

Love the chocolate dial, oh so '70's but all that has come full circle so it looks very "now" now!

Thanks for sharing it with us

You are welcome! I think 70's fashion could be making a comeback, now where did I put those flared trousers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting watches and this certainly looks in fantastic condition but I always imagine that the case depth might be too much for my wrists.

They are a "lump" for sure and do sit high but I do enjoy wearing my other Bullheads and I don't have big wrists. Gives me that 70's feel wink.gif

Thanks for all the great comments about the watch guys! When I get a little more time and some good light I'll have a go at taking a couple more shots and put them on. I must admit that photography is a mystery to me and I take my hat off to those who have mastered the arthi.gif

Mechanical Alarm........As for the language displayed on the day wheel of the watch I think I'm right in saying it's "Kanji", japanesesmartass.gif , the other language on the wheel is english.

This is the Kanji symbol for Sunday in the day window, funny how it looks like an 8 and there being only 7 days in the weekblink.gif

speedtimer034.jpg?t=1297944442