• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Strap Recomendation

dan888

Good Evening,

I have just picked up a watch that's strap has seen better days.

Could you recommend;

A nice good quality NATO strap

A nice quality vintage looking leather strap

Thanks

Dan

The host, RLT Watches, has some good options. See the link top left of the screen "RLT Watches Sales Site"

+1 for buying a nylon band (or 2! or 3! heck, get one for every season!) from Roy. He also carries a nice array of leather, and for very reasonable prices.

I'm fond of Hirsh, though there are other great brands out there. It really depends upon the watch you're equipping ... which leads me to ....

thisthreadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

+1 for buying a nylon band (or 2! or 3! heck, get one for every season!) from Roy. He also carries a nice array of leather, and for very reasonable prices.

I'm fond of Hirsh, though there are other great brands out there. It really depends upon the watch you're equipping ... which leads me to ....

thisthreadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

You are right, but every time I post a pic it stays for a while then disappears (even when linked to t'interwebs like twitpic or flickr). So I gave up assuming it was cos I was a new member?

The watch in question is a 1968 Smiths Worldtime WC.4113 (It came with a nasty flimsy rubber perforated thing (that smells funny!) )

I've ordered a couple of budget straps from RLT just to see how they sit and which styleee I prefer. I will then get something nice, it deserves it.

Will try to post pic again this evening;