• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
andytyc

A New Arrival...A Pam

I've always been intrigued by the Luminors in the Panerai range. A bit like marmite, I initially didn't think much of them at all but after seeing them on the forums they started to really grow on me. So much so that it became something high on my must-have(try) list. The Luminor case was really different. Like nothing I've ever had before. The crown guard which I once despised became something that really appealed to me. It was such an integral part of the design, so 'Panerai'. I was rather uncertain if the 44mm sized cases would be too big for my wrist though and because of that had always talked myself out of seriously trying for one. So I did the next sensible thing and decided to get a Getat homage. Now, if Panerai are reading this, they should thank a chap in Hong Kong called Tat for helping me make the final decision. I realised on trying on the homage that although the case was wide, it really wasn't that long from lug to lug and that although my wrist was rather small it wasn't so narrow that the lugs were sticking off them. Then a really nice one popped up on the SC and there were quite a few nice ones before that that I almost committed myself too, and it was really the model I was most interested in. The 112 with the clearest sandwhich dial(which was a must for me) and hand combination one could imagine. I got in touch with Howard and I'm glad to say that after some pms we set up the perfect trade. So this arrived early in the week and I must say that I'm totally smitten. It really is such a simple looking watch in essence, in design and it is so well made and beautifully finished. It's also a watch that completely changes in character with a simple strap change. So easy to dress up with a suit or dress down for casual wear. Again just from the colour and texture of the strap. I managed only a few photos today:

CSC_9459.jpg

CSC_9463.jpg

CSC_9458.jpg

CSC_9462.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Gorgeous watch. I'm very envious. Thy really should be just a few hundred quid then I could get one. Enjoy wearing it and just looking at it every few minutes I'll bet and so you should!

Edited by deepreddave

So I did the next sensible thing and decided to get a Getat homage. Now, if Panerai are reading this, they should thank a chap in Hong Kong called Tat for helping me make the final decision. I realised on trying on the homage that although the case was wide, it really wasn't that long from lug to lug and that although my wrist was rather small it wasn't so narrow that the lugs were sticking off them.

Great watch and I did exactly the same. Bought a getat to see how I got on with it and now on the hunt for the 'right' Pam too.......

Guest Ticker

Nice watch :thumbsup: They have grown on me somewhat too.....enjoy my friend. Enjoy.

Very clean, looking good - enjoy it. I'm still after the black seal. Turned one down about 6 months a go for a steal and been kicking myself ever since...

images.jpg

Very clean, looking good - enjoy it. I'm still after the black seal. Turned one down about 6 months a go for a steal and been kicking myself ever since...

images.jpg

I absolutely love mine, a PAM 27... bought it on a trip to Amsterdam in 2000 and never looked back.

Waiting for my custom strap to arrive and I can't wait.... arrrrggghhhh! Will post pix - hopefully soon!

I like those models but I have to say that I am not a fan of the 'sandwich' style dials. I find that they tend to cast a shadow that really bugs me! IMHO.

Just something to watch out for a new collector that is interested in the Panerai's. I know I had a terrible time deciding which model and wanted every little detail to be considered.

Enjoy it!