• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mrteatime

Newbies Speedposting?

Well I only joined to sell one of my watches and I m guilty of this.

In fact at my present posting rate it ll be available this time next year.

Well I only joined to sell one of my watches and I m guilty of this.

In fact at my present posting rate it ll be available this time next year.

:D

you'd be surprissed how quickly your count will build up..... :D

Speed-posting to buy, I don't have so much of a problem with; speed-posting to sell, it just seems like using the forum as a free version of ebay.

Thanks for reading.

Does it really matter if people speedpost? After all, no matter if people are buying or selling, someone on the forum gets a mutually good deal.

If I'm here for the long run I will almost certainly do both - but I'm not here just for that reason. I'm just trying to find a good home for my new interest in watches. CWF = friendly but obviously focused on CWL watches. TZ-UK mixed tbh, but high end and timefactors focused, Watchuseek = mainly American. So for me here and CWF look like the 'home' for me

FYI I Joined CWF, purchased my first watch from there in less than 50 posts, second around 150 and put my first up for sale around the 200 mark. All in 3 months and zero to do the reasons I think this thread is about - just a new love of everything you talk about here.

Does it really matter if people speedpost? After all, no matter if people are buying or selling, someone on the forum gets a mutually good deal.

Ah, but the forum was started (at Roy's expense) for people to discuss their interest in watches - the sales section is a bonus for those who take part, it is not the main purpose of the site.

It's because of this 'commitment' to the site that members can buy and sell with confidence. Someone who joins, speed-posts and then sits on the sales forum, ignoring anything else, is not playing the game. And experience has shown us that those members tend to be the ones that end up causing aggro... :mad:

Ah, but the forum was started (at Roy's expense) for people to discuss their interest in watches - the sales section is a bonus for those who take part, it is not the main purpose of the site.

It's because of this 'commitment' to the site that members can buy and sell with confidence. Someone who joins, speed-posts and then sits on the sales forum, ignoring anything else, is not playing the game. And experience has shown us that those members tend to be the ones that end up causing aggro... :mad:

+1

well said

+2

I fully understand and respect the rules around this and believe that a forum history over a decent period of time is very beneficial to buyers (in particular).

When I joined CWF I 'discovered' Steinhart through their sales corner and leapt in head first. It was for sale by a bloke with less posts than me (I had around 30 at the time). I was very wary of buying from a someone on a forum with 20 odd posts, but figured it out in the end and subsiquently got a Seiko Monster through the same route. i.e. We mutually benefitted from no restrictions.

So I can see this from both sides and accept that genuine enthusiasts new to a forum might have to suffer a while (missed opportunities) to keep away chancers/dealers.

Redd

Making an effort 'not' to speed post, this is regarding post below....

I think buying should be an open door to anyone, it's to the benefit of the member selling ultimately. If theres to be a restriction, it should be on the Seller i.e. they have a track record.

With my huge interest in Steinhart I joined a German forum recently and (if google translate works properly) they actually ask for a small contribution on successful sales to contibute to the costs of the forum - good idea?

Edited by Redd

When I joined the forum I caused a bit of a stir over a quite innocent post that was taken to be a speed post. Weeks ago I became eligable to use sales and wanted. I have not tried to sell or buy but have posted in the wanted for a watch that I would like. Hardly taking advantage. A simple way to get around the problem would be to put a time on , say three months before you can use sales and buy and still need minimum of 50 posts. The nobody can speed post

A simple way to get around the problem would be to put a time on , say three months before you can use sales and buy and still need minimum of 50 posts. The nobody can speed post

Simple to say but not set up...

This way works on the whole, speedposters show up like poo in a bath so are easy to deal with if necessary .... :)

I'm here for the often questionable banter, and to learn from the sage old masters who frequent these pages...

Holy cr*p, I'm half way to 50... :shocking:

Edited by Hellbound

Macs more onion than sage........

Hmmm, me thinks I might just have been insulted :disgust:

Like I care, this duck is sitting nice & dry in a submarine :tongue2: :lol:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Holy cr*p, I'm half way to 50... :shocking:

Hellbound :eek: Yup :yes: You're definitely halfway (to your namesake). :rofl:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

i wish one would speedpost their way to buying my zodiac id sell it to gypsies right now to get rid of the thing.

i wish one would speedpost their way to buying my zodiac id sell it to gypsies right now to get rid of the thing.

not very politically correct there jason....it should say "sell to pikey's"

I posted on this subject the other day :lookaround: I'm terrified of being accused of speed posting even to the point of deleting a reply before I post it for fear of someone having a go at me, from my time as a lurker it appears that it's subject that keeps coming up .

For myself I've nothing to sell that would interest most of the good folk on here, in fact I've had a blitz on Ebay this past month and shifted a whack of boot sale finds, that I've banged a battery in. :shocking:

I'm hoping that nothing I really really want comes up before the half century.

As a postscript when I first registered I was able to look at members profiles but I seem to have lost that ability as of last week.

regards

beach bum

Hmmmm

I think I may be a speedposter...

Naw, it's not very quick typing with one finger at an average of three words per minute :blush2:

John :)

I posted on this subject the other day :lookaround: I'm terrified of being accused of speed posting even to the point of deleting a reply before I post it for fear of someone having a go at me, from my time as a lurker it appears that it's subject that keeps coming up .

For myself I've nothing to sell that would interest most of the good folk on here, in fact I've had a blitz on Ebay this past month and shifted a whack of boot sale finds, that I've banged a battery in. :shocking:

I'm hoping that nothing I really really want comes up before the half century.

As a postscript when I first registered I was able to look at members profiles but I seem to have lost that ability as of last week.

regards

beach bum

Hi Beachy- there appears to be some numbers missing from the bottom of your posts- I can usually see them over on British Blades :D

John :)

I'm here because I was on a much bigger US watch forum & was getting bewildered. This forum is nice & small & has opened me up to watches other than G Shocks. I am enjoying learning & tinkering.

I can vouch for Redd & what he says is accurate, i've come across him on the CWF site & recommended here to broaden his education of non-Christopher Ward stuff!- decent bloke with a nice growing collection of watches :thumbsup:

Anyway, from the original post I've no idea who the finger was being pointed at?

Ahhhh, just spotted our speedy in the welcome section - now that's not very subtle is it, he couldv'e at least spread them out across the site :lol:

Edited by citizenhell

I can vouch for Redd & what he says is accurate, i've come across him on the CWF site & recommended here to broaden his education of non-Christopher Ward stuff!- decent bloke with a nice growing collection of watches :thumbsup:

Anyway, from the original post I've no idea who the finger was being pointed at?

Citizenhell is Mr speedpost 2008-2010 :derisive: