• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
lewjamben

Digital Seiko Help

Hi guys. Not sure whether to post this in Japanese or Electric, but here goes. Thinking this had a dead battery, I took the back of to find it has no battery at all so I have nothing to help me replace it. This is where you guys come in (hopefully)!

I've found the instructions online but it doesn't say what the battery is other than a "solar battery". The Seiko part number is 4020 835, but I can't seem to find anything using that either.

Do you have any idea what battery this needs? Many thanks.

P1020441.jpg

P1020448.jpg

P1020450.jpg

Hi guys. Not sure whether to post this in Japanese or Electric, but here goes. Thinking this had a dead battery, I took the back of to find it has no battery at all so I have nothing to help me replace it. This is where you guys come in (hopefully)!

I've found the instructions online but it doesn't say what the battery is other than a "solar battery". The Seiko part number is 4020 835, but I can't seem to find anything using that either.

Do you have any idea what battery this needs? Many thanks.

P1020441.jpg

P1020448.jpg

P1020450.jpg

Ok...after a bit of a search. I found that the battery is or should be a XR9527W. And I googled

that and found....Hope that's not against the rules to post the link...is it?

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_xr9527w.htm

Edited by new2the7A38

Guest Om_nom_nom_Watches!

Typical life of seven years. Cool. Gets you twice as far as most batteries.