• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What Information Can You Give Me On Longines Master Collection ?

Went to a watch store today and saw the more amazing watch I have ever seen (in the sane spectrum of money of course) the Longines Master Collection 44mm

The face is like non other with all these amazing dials and the second sweep is simply COOL!!!

Any info if you have any would be very helpful.

Thanks

Went to a watch store today and saw the more amazing watch I have ever seen (in the sane spectrum of money of course) the Longines Master Collection 44mm

The face is like non other with all these amazing dials and the second sweep is simply COOL!!!

Any info if you have any would be very helpful.

Thanks

What I know about those is that I would LOVE one! Longines have some amazing watches on the dress-watch department. Just the other day I get glued to a dealer's window looking at an Evidenza and the lady inside was already coming on with a sales-smile so I got out of there quick.

What information are you looking for?

Edited by Kutusov

well I can tell you this.

Longines make a fine watch to a high standard.

Very often overlooked as their prices to not reflect the quality.

They can come across as too 'cheap' (speaking relatively) to bother with.

Which is great, as they remain under most people's radar, and adds it's own air of exclusivity IMO.

I like the Master Collection, but they are a bit too big for me at 44mm

I'll have to stick with my Flagship 40mm ............ I live a hard life :D

DSC00221.jpg

I've had my longines for around 4 years now and I have no complaints with the quality.

As said above for the quality they are vastly under priced IMO.

I saw a very nice manual wind model with a sub second at 6 recently and was very tempted.

Here is my smaller Master Collection;

watchpictures042.jpg

watchpictures044.jpg

CameraPictures041.jpg

that looks very classy I seem to remember this featuring in an edition of mens health last year and it caught my eye then as well.

whats the rrp ?

That one is the flagship model of the range - the model code is L2.717.8.78.3

Watchfinder.co.uk have it up for £8470 but I have always found Watchfinder will charge top price for anything. You might find it at a better price elsewhere, but that's the ballpark figure.

IMHO...... not even if I won the lottery! Eight and a half K is too much for a Longines. I would be tempted to go for a Dornbluth or an Omega Railmaster and trouser the rest for a rainy day.

that looks very classy I seem to remember this featuring in an edition of mens health last year and it caught my eye then as well.

whats the rrp ?

Watchfinder.co.uk have it up for £8470 but I have always found Watchfinder will charge top price for anything. You might find it at a better price elsewhere, but that's the ballpark figure.

IMHO...... not even if I won the lottery! Eight and a half K is too much for a Longines. I would be tempted to go for a Dornbluth or an Omega Railmaster and trouser the rest for a rainy day.

You guys REALLY getting shafted in the UK with prices!!!

I went yesterday to the biggest mall in Toronto called the Yorkdale mall, a store called Marex is selling it for 5000$ tax included and I know if I wanted I could have talked the guy down.

U.K is a great country but I wouldnt go there to buy watches!!!

whats the rrp ?

You guys REALLY getting shafted in the UK with prices!!!

I went yesterday to the biggest mall in Toronto called the Yorkdale mall, a store called Marex is selling it for 5000$ tax included and I know if I wanted I could have talked the guy down.

U.K is a great country but I wouldnt go there to buy watches!!!

Yeah.. tell us about it... Cars, watches, clothing, food, fuel, hotels.... just about anything, really. For example.. diesel GBP 1.42/litre (equivalent to CAN$10.50/gallon), cigarettes CAN$10.20/pack, pint of beer in the local pub CAN$4.50 and so on. There used to a phrase in popular use... "Rip Off Britain" and it is never more apt than it is now.

Rob