• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rondeco

What Are You Listening To

Sat here in the early hours with my 'cans' ( :lol: ) on listening to Meddle , still sounds just as good over 35 years later :thumbsup:

Sat here in the early hours with my 'cans' ( :lol: ) on listening to Meddle , still sounds just as good over 35 years later :thumbsup:

Very nice too :)

Michael Nyman's 'MGV' for me :)

My mood has been as changeable as the weather recently so I've found myself burning some compilations, the most recent was:

Cream – Crossroads

Cream – White Room

Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe

The Strawbs – Lay Down

Derek & The Dominoes – Bell Bottom Blues

Creedence Clearwater Revival – Up Around The Bend

Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama

Bob Seger – Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green) – Black Magic Woman

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green) – Man Of The World

Janis Joplin – Get It While You Can

Eric Clapton & Tracy Chapman – Give Me One Reason

BB King & Eric Clapton – Hold On I’m Coming

I'm in the mood for some Jethro Tull at the moment though :ph34r:

My mood has been as changeable as the weather recently so I've found myself burning some compilations, the most recent was:

Cream – Crossroads

Cream – White Room

Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe

The Strawbs – Lay Down

Derek & The Dominoes – Bell Bottom Blues

Creedence Clearwater Revival – Up Around The Bend

Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama

Bob Seger – Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green) – Black Magic Woman

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green) – Man Of The World

Janis Joplin – Get It While You Can

Eric Clapton & Tracy Chapman – Give Me One Reason

BB King & Eric Clapton – Hold On I’m Coming

I'm in the mood for some Jethro Tull at the moment though :ph34r:

Excellent stuff - la creme de la creme - that's my kind of music! :tongue2::band:

I was playing Aqualung in the car yesterday. Also the J.J. Cale with Eric Clapton collaboration - "The Road To Escondido".

:thumbup:

Some early Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention.

Just gotten hold of a Tribute CD to Joe Meek (local boy)

Quick afterthought BBC Radio 6 play some good stuff at times

Roger

Edited by Roger

another tull fan here :) 'songs from the wood' on atm

other stuff ive been listening to lately

death cab for cutie -soul meets body + i will follow you into the dark (dont listen to this one if you are down ;) )

the chameleons-strip (album)

queens of the stone age -go with the flow

the kooks -inside in inside out (album)

paul weller-hit parade (album)

love-maybe the people

block party-helicopter

anthony and the johnson-i hope theres someone

mstislav rostropovicg-cello suites

christ i could be typing here all day :huh: ,i have quite a large and varied music collection

Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City in car and now I'm in the house XFM. When I'm working at my PC I normally just go through my 43 GB of MP3 I've ripped from CD collection and listen to them on my Grado's. :D

Edited by strange_too

I haven't has much time for anything recently :( Here's what's in my Sony Walkman MP3

R. L. Burnside - A Bothered Mind

R. L. Burnside - An Ass Pocket Of Whiskey

Mathew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs - Under The Covers Vol. 1

Lucky Dube - Serious Reggae Business

Rainbow - The Very Best of Rainbow

The Grateful Dead - American Beauty

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

Thomas Tallis - Spem In Alium

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Sarah MacLachlan - Surfacing

There are probably a few others but these are the ones I listen to most while travelling. The Walkman is a 1GB version and very discrete compared to an iPod, if you save the files using Sony's ATRAC at a high bitrate and add a pair of Creative Laboratory in-ear earphones you can cut yourself off from the airport - plane or train without annoying anybody else :lol:

Edited by JoT

Today I'm sat in the office by myself working away and chilling to some classic Enigma, though may flip to something like Korn or System of the Down to liven things up later :D

I have a rather broad taste in tunes...

Again, like a lot of people I have a varied taste in music. Albums I'm currently listening to are:

Tool - 10,000 Days

Seether - Karma & Effect

Sam Cooke - The Best Of Sam Cooke

Royksopp - Melody AM

Peter Gabriel - Hit

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Sparky

On winamp right now is Mendelssohn - Hebridean Overture, also been on this morning is Prokiev - Dance of the Knights (Romeo and Juliet) and Dvorjak - New World Symphony

Whilst in the kitchen making bolognese sauce for tonights dinner was listening to Radiohead - OK Computer followed by Entroducing - DJ Shadow

I've been making compilations too. I've been listening to this quite a lot lately:

compilation.jpg

Diamond Head - drummer by name of Mikkey Dee, now with Motorhead if not mistaken.

As we as my well loved Mhead, listened to Rush lately. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC. Cream, Quo(old Quo).

Mr.C said:

Diamond Head - drummer by name of Mikkey Dee, now with Motorhead if not mistaken.

As we as my well loved Mhead, listened to Rush lately. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC. Cream, Quo(old Quo).

Just checked the album cover for Daimond Head's "Canterbury" album. Drums were by Duncan Scott, Robbie France and Jamie Lane. As I recall (I could well be wrong) Diamond Head was primarily a studio band (i.e. rarely, if ever, played live) comprised of two guys by the name of Sean Harris and Brian Tatler. Wikipedia suggests Mikkey Dee played with a band called "King Diamond".

Anyway, Lemmy was on BBC4 the other night in "Hawkwind: Do Not Panic". I recorded it, if you missed it ;)

Biography Channel also did the making of Metallica's "Black album" as part of their "Classic Albums" series last week. :punk: They also did Queen live in Budapest, the making of Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" album, Jimi's "Electric Ladyland", the Pistol's "Never Mind the Bollocks"... the list is endless! This coming Thursday at 11.00PM it's Meatloaf's "Bat Out of Hell".

From the new

Madeleine Peyroux, Amy Winehouse and Black Eyed peas

To the quite old

Gary Moore, BB King, SRV and Rory Gallagher

To the old

Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennet, Nat King Cole and Louis Prima. :wheelchair:

If I'm in a bad mood I need Deep Purple and/or Alice Cooper :rockon:

Alasdair

Edited by Alas

Mr.C said:

Just checked the album cover for Daimond Head's "Canterbury" album. Drums were by Duncan Scott, Robbie France and Jamie Lane. As I recall (I could well be wrong) Diamond Head was primarily a studio band (i.e. rarely, if ever, played live) comprised of two guys by the name of Sean Harris and Brian Tatler. Wikipedia suggests Mikkey Dee played with a band called "King Diamond".

Anyway, Lemmy was on BBC4 the other night in "Hawkwind: Do Not Panic". I recorded it, if you missed it ;)

Biography Channel also did the making of Metallica's "Black album" as part of their "Classic Albums" series last week. :punk: They also did Queen live in Budapest, the making of Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" album, Jimi's "Electric Ladyland", the Pistol's "Never Mind the Bollocks"... the list is endless! This coming Thursday at 11.00PM it's Meatloaf's "Bat Out of Hell".

That's me very embarrassed.............

Knew it was one of those bands.

Saw some of Hawkwind - got bored with it to be honest.

Wish i'd seen Metallica though. Don't watch TV, so what i do catch is by chance.