• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rondeco

What Are You Listening To

Shows my age I know, but the missus bought me an autobiography for for Xmas about the Specials. So I've currently got the Singles album playing. :)

Shows my age I know, but the missus bought me an autobiography for for Xmas about the Specials. So I've currently got the Singles album playing. :)

Nowt rong with that. i like em

Guest Nezwaldo

I've never actually heard NY Dolls, but as a teenage Smiths fan (Morrisey was always saying they were his favourite ever band) I'll have to check them out soon.

Didn't they do one album and then get drugged out or something?

Guest Nezwaldo

Huh huh! Drugged out sounds so immature: like as soon as you sniff an illiegal substance you are fucked!

But as 70's band go I have a fondness for Steely Dan, Velvet Underground (started in 60's, I know) and a bit of Television. Loads of great music made in the 70's.

I was born in late-75, so would've been virtually embryonic when most of this stuff was made.

Guest Nezwaldo

Recently mostly listening to The Hold Steady, Fleet Foxes, Bright Eyes, The National and the second Raconteurs album.

I like the Hold Steady song that was on the radio man. It's seems aiming for trad, but a breath of fresh air. I've got the Fleet Foxes and Bon Iver albums from last year too. Fleet Foxes' Mykonos is all over the major radio stations at the moment: from Radio 1 to BBC 6 but it's a nice song, you can't help but like it.

Heh, I quite liked that Lady Ga-Ga song a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was a bit of catchy pop-fluff, but it's been played so much I'm now sick of it after only two weeks. Ha ha!

I've never actually heard NY Dolls, but as a teenage Smiths fan (Morrisey was always saying they were his favourite ever band) I'll have to check them out soon.

Didn't they do one album and then get drugged out or something?

Yes, the first album was very successful but then they enter a spiral of drinking and band inter-fights so soon after they split. :(

NY Dolls-Personality crisis

Got real and swapped to "Electric Ladyland".

Well nice, almost like soul but not.

Well, a bit of a mixture. Lots of old time radio. Beach Boys, Black Sabbath, Max Webster, Blondie, Captain and Tennille, Ska Face, R.E.M., Squeeze, They Might Be Giants, Electric Prunes, The Red Hots (Chili Peppers), Johnny Cash, The Goodies, Boston, Gordie Lightfoot, Smiths, Ian Hunter, Stooges, James Gang, Rob Zombie, Sloan, Frank Black, Black Francis, Pixies, Ramones, Quincy Jones, Talking Heads, Billy Bragg, Fine Young Cannibals, Thelonious Monk, Ronnettes, Clash, Byrds, Mrs. Elva Miller, Joe Jackson, Willie Nelson, Dead Kennedys, Electric Light Orchestra, Jane's Addiction, Hank Williams, Big Audio Dynamite, Roxy Music, Wagner, Fifth Dimension, Chet Baker, Judy Collins and on and on, you get the idea. Compilations, anthologies, and soundtracks. :)

Later,

William

My Ipod has a playlist of Irish Rock so I'm listening to Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore & Horslips :rockon:

Paul

Watched a film earlier on yesterday called Clubbed, funnily enough about some guys that ran a 70's nightclub :lol: , not a bad film but a great soundtrack in the background of old disco stuff.

B.

Louis Prima for foot tapping and madeleine Peyroux for chilling. :yes:

Alasdair

The 710 nagging me to do some jobs. :bash::argue::nono:

Take some advice from an old pro, go out for a paper later, via the boozer for a few hours, that usually works :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rockferry by Duffy is my fave at the min. An album I bought on a whim but all the tracks are great. Nice surprise.

Unlike the Robert Plant / Alison Krauss album I had such high expectations of but which wouldn't be out of place in a funeral parlour :(

The 710 nagging me to do some jobs. :bash::argue::nono:

Take some advice from an old pro, go out for a paper later, via the boozer for a few hours, that usually works :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Mr B. I'll give it a go. :lol:

New day, new mood. Musics off now as I'm listening to the Old Time Radio collection. Journey into space is todays choice. :)