• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rondeco

What Are You Listening To

I've never actually heard NY Dolls, but as a teenage Smiths fan (Morrisey was always saying they were his favourite ever band) I'll have to check them out soon.

Didn't they do one album and then get drugged out or something?

Yes, the first album was very successful but then they enter a spiral of drinking and band inter-fights so soon after they split. :(

NY Dolls-Personality crisis

I have their first two albums; "New York Dolls" and "Too much, Too soon". I like them both, but "Human being" on TMTS must be one of the best last tracks on an album ever.

-- Tim

Top Trivia: the Lords of the New Church wrote a track almost entirely composed of NYD song titles... "Little boys play with dolls"

Ive had Spotify on recently so anything from Machine Head to Dio :lol:

Spotify is even better than sliced bread, brilliant, a few key bands missing but hell....

Ian

Madeleine Peyroux - dreamland and carless love

Very nice late at night :yes:

Listening to 2 at the mo', Devendra Banhart "Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Cabyon" which is great and Loudon Wainright III "Album II" given to me by a friend who said I'd like it, not impressed.

Edited by MarkF

Ive had Spotify on recently so anything from Machine Head to Dio :lol:

Spotify is even better than sliced bread, brilliant, a few key bands missing but hell....

Ian

Your not wrong there :)

If anyone want an invite btw drop me a PM

Various including:

NERD - Seeing sounds

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Rammstein - Rosen Rot

Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour

Not forgetting Soulfly as I am going to see them live next week.

Mark

Edited by Sparky

Planet Rock on DAB.

I thought that had shut down?

Listened to a bit of Brian D'Arcy tonight, quite enlightening even for a grumpy old atheist like me.

Madeleine Peyroux - dreamland and carless love

Very nice late at night :yes:

Listening to 2 at the mo', Devendra Banhart "Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Cabyon" which is great and Loudon Wainright III "Album II" given to me by a friend who said I'd like it, not impressed.

Have you heard Album III's "Dead Skunk"? It is all you really need to hear. :) It used to be on the radio quite a bit when I was a kid.

Later,

William

Listening to the best band in the world Tool - 10,000 days, LaTeRaLuS, Undertow, Aenima...

... Also listening to Metallica - Death Magnetic, Isis - Panapticon, Rammstein - Mutter "Mein Herz brennt!!!! :music: ", and when I'm feeling slightly less hardcore I go for the Raconteurs, Kings of Leon or something similar...

Rock'n'roll!!!!

my music tastes are all over the shop but im really into my rock right now ive just downloaded metallicas discography ,and my qotsa addiction has led me to the band that started it all off kyuss if youve never heard of these then do youreself a favour and have a listen to - un sandpiper,el rodeo,and fatso forgetso an awesome band that turned into an even better one .

also new nin album ,but something very different is santogold have a listen to creator you might recognize the intro from an advert but its very good for trying out new hifi equip.

nothing new really in the last couple of months has grabbed me odd track here and there but no good albums for a while.

looking forward to the new prodigy album hopefully gone back to the old stuff .

jason.

my music tastes are all over the shop but im really into my rock right now ive just downloaded metallicas discography ,and my qotsa addiction has led me to the band that started it all off kyuss if youve never heard of these then do youreself a favour and have a listen to - un sandpiper,el rodeo,and fatso forgetso an awesome band that turned into an even better one .

also new nin album ,but something very different is santogold have a listen to creator you might recognize the intro from an advert but its very good for trying out new hifi equip.

nothing new really in the last couple of months has grabbed me odd track here and there but no good albums for a while.

jason.

Yeah I've got a bit of Kyuss, Demon Cleaner rocks and if you look on youtube you'll find a live cover by TOOL!

jason.

Yeah I've got a bit of Kyuss, Demon Cleaner rocks and if you look on youtube you'll find a live cover by TOOL!

cool ill have a look at that.cheers.

jason.

I have been revisting my youth last 2/3 weeks updating music on my new pc.

The Alarm/Big Country/Big Dish/Goodbye Mr Mackenzie/Depeche Mode/Runrig/The Silencers/ The Icicle Works

Top Eighties bands :music: :cool:

Currently floating my boat:

Slipknot - All Hope Is Lost

Pink Floyd - Dark Side (SACD Edition)

Eisbrecher - Sünde (IMHO better than anything Rammstein have done in years)

Gary Numan / Tubeway Army - Replicas

Carl

got this on the ipod shuffle at the mo......

d908325f8ik.jpg

image2.jpg

Manic_Street_Preachers_-_Send_Away_.jpg

manic2.jpg

shawn holy bible is missing faster is the best song they ever did ,although they have a very good back catalogue i never get bored of their first 5 albums but without richey got too poppy.

Various including:

NERD - Seeing sounds

Rammstein - Rosen Rot

Mark

I just can´t get through Year Zero. Too much electronic noise.

Some years ago, when Soulfly was just starting, they came to Argentina and I met the sound engineer in a nightclub, a big fat guy called Moby. Great guy, he provided women to see if he had a lucky night, and he invited me and a bunch of friends to the concert.

Listening to the best band in the world Tool - 10,000 days, LaTeRaLuS, Undertow, Aenima...

... Also listening to Metallica - Death Magnetic, Isis - Panapticon, Rammstein - Mutter "Mein Herz brennt!!!! :music: ", and when I'm feeling slightly less hardcore I go for the Raconteurs, Kings of Leon or something similar...

Rock'n'roll!!!!

Tool man, f**king Tool!

I thing the 10.000 days cd has got to be one of the best art work for a cd I´ve ever seen.

Was listening to this in the car this morning when some TW*T in his rep mobile pulled out a side road straight into the side of my car. :cry2: :furious: :taz: :mad: :fyou:

thekillerssamstown.jpg

Various including:

NERD - Seeing sounds

Rammstein - Rosen Rot

Mark

I just can´t get through Year Zero. Too much electronic noise.

Some years ago, when Soulfly was just starting, they came to Argentina and I met the sound engineer in a nightclub, a big fat guy called Moby. Great guy, he provided women to see if he had a lucky night, and he invited me and a bunch of friends to the concert.

Rock'n'roll!!!!

Tool man, f**king Tool!

I thing the 10.000 days cd has got to be one of the best art work for a cd I´ve ever seen.

i agree i love nin but year zero is hard to complete every day is exactly the same is an amazing song though -have you heard the new one the slip -1000000 and discipline are very cool songs.