• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AlanJohn

Russian Pocket Watch.

I have one Russian pocket watch, a Molija. 15 jewels. Runs well, keeps good time. I wondered if any members have Russian pocket watches?

5649140932_3e5cb27124.jpg

molija by velocipede228822, on Flickr

It is from around the 1950's I believe. It is small, around size 16 and very slim.

Edited by AlanJohn

In Sovyet Raaasha, watch pockets you!

I believe there are one or two members here with rather extensive collections of Russian pocketwatches.

I'm not one of them, though.

Julian Latham's the guy to talk to.......

I've been talking to Julian now, and he has told me some interesting things about fakes etc.

Some of my latest additions. All from the Molnija factory I believe.

5699355350_1ee8f2ee04.jpg

W.Oriosa USSR by velocipede228822, on Flickr

5699355352_3178d00caf.jpg

W.Oriosa inner by velocipede228822, on Flickr

5699355342_42a251a005.jpg

W.Jean cardot by velocipede228822, on Flickr

5699355346_d80a39123c.jpg

W.Jean Cordot inner by velocipede228822, on Flickr

5699355338_508f06b5d7.jpg

W.Ingersoll ussr by velocipede228822, on Flickr

5699355340_4650d69a24.jpg

W.Ingersoll inner by velocipede228822, on Flickr

That latest one is gorgeous, Alan....well done...I love the maroon dial, numbers, 24 hr chapter ring, sub dial at 9, etc, etc........lovely! :thumbsup:

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Thanks roger. They are all 18 jewel, and I think that the Russians made some pretty good watches. It's thanks to Julian Latham for puttin me on to them. Or maybe I shouldn't be thanking him, I'll be broke at this rate :lookaround:

I've also clelaned up the train watch since I took this photoe, It sparkles now,I should have done that before I took the snap, but I was too eager to show off :man_in_love:

Edited by AlanJohn

Thanks roger. They are all 18 jewel, and I think that the Russians made some pretty good watches. It's thanks to Julian Latham for puttin me on to them. Or maybe I shouldn't be thanking him, I'll be broke at this rate :lookaround:

I've also clelaned up the train watch since I took this photoe, It sparkles now,I should have done that before I took the snap, but I was too eager to show off :man_in_love:

I should have said, most of them are 18 jewel, one is 15 and one is 17 jewel. But all work well and keep good time.

I have got two with trains on and they are a mat colour. I have one coming with a frigate on the back and another coming with human figure on the back, refered to as Ural Legend, and yet another with Siberian wolved on the reverse side. Also I am expecting a Raketa, another Russian pocket watch.

Edited by AlanJohn

some nice watches there.

what kind of accuracy should we expect from these then?

to be honest i need a minute a day or better, much as i like pocket watches i need a collection to work for a living.

some nice watches there.

what kind of accuracy should we expect from these then?

to be honest i need a minute a day or better, much as i like pocket watches i need a collection to work for a living.

Well, I have never been bothered about a minute here and there, but I will keep an eye on them and let you know Desmond.

Good grief, Alan...you'll soon have a bigger collection of Molnijas than Julian...are these all from t'bay? They're very nice.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Good grief, Alan...you'll soon have a bigger collection of Molnijas than Julian...are these all from t'bay? They're very nice.

Yes Roger, I have had most of them from ebay and some from Julian. Most come form the Ukrain or Bulgaria. Usually only takes about a week from there for the post to reach me, but America can take a month.

I have aquired a display cabinet and have put a picture it on the site today.

5761407526_7948ec33c9.jpg

W.Molnija Ural. by velocipede228822, on Flickr

Yet another Molnija watch.

5761407534_56990020c5.jpg

W.Ural Legend by velocipede228822, on Flickr

The back of the watch depicting the legendary Russian hero, Ural, who, when he died,it is said, a cairn was built over his grave and this grew into the Ural mountains.

Unfortunately, this new watch of mine,is not keeping good time and is stopping. And it was supposed to have been serviced before selling it to me,so now it is off the the watch repairers.

Here`s one I think I got off Julian a few years back which you might want to look out for...

Services, (Molnija 3602) 18 Jewels,(made in USSR) circa 1970s?

ServicesDSC_0073.jpg

It has the locomotive on the case back B)

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Here`s one I think I got off Julian a few years back which you might want to look out for...

Services, (Molnija 3602) 18 Jewels,(made in USSR) circa 1970s?

ServicesDSC_0073.jpg

It has the locomotive on the case back B)

I've got three with locamotives on the back, but not with services on the front. The are great watches, keep good time and mostly 18 jewels.