• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
kevkojak

Watch Snob?

I've just been stuck behind a chap in Poundland in town wearing an obviously fake gold AP Royal Oak.

The giveaways? The second hand was rattling around like it was having some sort of a fit, the gold was peeling (not fading - peeling) away from the lugs, and the chap looked like he was on his way home from a day rummaging around the tip.

And, I snorted to myself, we're in poundland! As if someone in an expensive Swiss watch would be shopping there!

Then I remembered I had my Cartier on... while buying £1 multipacks of extra value lightbulbs and bleach! :whistle:

I still didn't give him the benefit of the doubt... :P

those light bulbs in there are **** mate .poundland makes me laugh you see all forms of life in their mostly freaks and chuds though.i go in there for stuff for work rarely .

the irony is mate he was probably looking at you thinking look at that **** with his fake cartier .

I have been known to trawl the pound shops some days with Big M fully blinded up, and me with Rolex, various bangles and a bit of Armani thrown in as well. She likes Home Bargains and Wilkos. I suspect we look right at home, tacky fake chav look is in, If some of the clientel knew it was real we probably wouldn't make past the busicit isle without getting hugged :lol: :lol:

I have been known to trawl the pound shops some days with Big M fully blinged up, and me with Rolex, various bangles and a bit of Armani thrown in as well. She likes Home Bargains and Wilkos. I suspect we look right at home, tacky fake chav look is in, If some of the clientel knew it was real we probably wouldn't make past the biscuit isle without getting mugged :lol: :lol:

Hugging us is the last thing some of them would do :D

Originally posted from my useless phone with it's predictive txt, how do you switch it off :lol: :lol:

I have been known to trawl the pound shops some days with Big M fully blinged up, and me with Rolex, various bangles and a bit of Armani thrown in as well. She likes Home Bargains and Wilkos. I suspect we look right at home, tacky fake chav look is in, If some of the clientel knew it was real we probably wouldn't make past the biscuit aisle without getting mugged :lol: :lol:

Originally posted from my useless phone with it's predictive txt, how do you switch it off :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :smartass:

There should be a menu within settings depending on your phone, to turn predictive text off.

It's an HTC Desire isn't it? Just make a wish :D :P

Poundland is great :)

when we have a do at mine, it's an invaluable source for my pork scratchings, bacon frazzles and scampi fries. No imo cr@p either, proper smiths.

when we have a do at mine, it's an invaluable source for my pork scratchings, bacon frazzles and scampi fries. No imo cr@p either, proper smiths.

Remember when Smiths did 'salt and shake' crisps?

I got one with two packets of salt once.

What a day!

:offtopic2:

Edited by kevkojak

What a day!

Packets of salt? What? When did they stop the wee scrunched up square of blue paper with the salt in then? :whistle:

Sigh! Cue Song ~ ~ Aah Yes, I remember it well :wheelchair:

What a day!

They still do - they're the only crisps my boy will eat, which is good as I always tip half the salt away without him noticing!

those light bulbs in there are **** mate .poundland makes me laugh you see all forms of life in their mostly freaks and chuds though.i go in there for stuff for work rarely .

the irony is mate he was probably looking at you thinking look at that **** with his fake cartier .

+1

Those energy saving light bulbs are seriously dodgy, Germany is currently trying to ban them amidst the hysteria

They give off more toxic gas than a Japanese power station, Genetic DNA altering and should not be used for longer than an hour, not close to your head, and not in a childs bedroom.

The EU has got itself in a right pickle as they are trying to ban our normal filement bulbs and have found themselves giving the go ahead for carciogenic bulbs which another EU dept says they are banning.......

They also contain mecury, so if you drop and break one your supposed to leave the building and ventilate for 30 mins.. :eek:

It's a surreal business, everything in there is s.h.i.t, you know it is and even though you know it'll fall apart/melt/snap/go kaput within seconds of purchase, you still buy it. Then wang it shortly after. I reckon 90% of the stuff they sell that you can't eat, ends up in landfill within a week of purchase.

I admit it, I went in P'land in Leeds last week because I wasn't going to pay £4.99 at a bike shop for some chain lubricant for my cycle (it only costs £3 to get the train home), I found it in P/land. But, there was a massive queue, stretched right down to the back of the aisle from the till, the people were like extras from The Day of the Dead, I couldn't stand it, what are we doing? :(

Edited by MarkF

What a day!

A great day I'm sure but recently i was lucky enough to enjoy the fabled 'wafer-less' kitkat! :)

What a day!

A great day I'm sure but recently i was lucky enough to enjoy the fabled 'wafer-less' kitkat! :)

Ohhhh yes - the grail! :D

Not found one of those yet, but I was lucky enough to get a Trio once with just chocolate and toffee! :good:

What a day!

Ohhhh yes - the grail! :D

Not found one of those yet, but I was lucky enough to get a Trio once with just chocolate and toffee! :good:

...and thus you consumed, quiet possibly, the greatest biscuit in history!