• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Nin

Rlt 16

Folks

I failed to get my Christmas pressie - a Mido Mulitfort Ocean Star from the "Other side" cos he closed his website.

I've been looking around for a simple & minimal automatic, based on a sound, reliable movement that has good lume and a date. I don't know how I missed the RLT 16.

I can't find a review for it, so who's got one? and who'll tell me what you think of it? (look away Roy).

All the best

Nin

Not me either, nearest I get is the RLT Chrono, but that has a Mido movement funnily enough - same case and dial style though.

I also had an RLT13 which has the same ETA movement as the 16 and again, the same case style.

If it helps, I find the case is superb: nice and big, superb polished stainless steel (looks almost chromed), and it has ever-so-slightly Seamaster style strap lugs. It also looks well nice with one of Roy's "oyster" bracelets:

user posted image

and black leather. If I had any gripes, the only one I can think of is that there is a "very" tight stem seal on the winder, which makes it stiff to wind or adjust. But as it's a chrono movement and gets a lot of my wrist time smile.gif it's not really a problem.

If I had a wish, it would be to retrofit a 16's black dial and chromed hands into my RLT Chrono. Otherwise, my second wish would be to have enough spare dosh to get a 16 as well laugh.gif But cash is a bit thin on the ground right now, so I'll have to keep wishing sad.gif

Cheers

Edited by ESL

Thanks ESL - like those chronos but I need a watch I can read in the dark so didn't go for one. I do like the look of the 16 dial though.

I wonder if Roy would work some magic on a "16" for a few extra bob wink.gif

Nin

Got my RLT 16 for Christmas and I love it. Will post a review soon, when I've got more time. Highly recommended!

Cam

Hi Cam

welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. It would be great to see your review & a few pics.

All the best

Nin

Cheers for the welcome everyone.

I purchased the RLT16 at Christmas and am very pleased with it!

My watch collection has always consisted mainly of sports/diving watches (Sea-Dweller, SuperOcean Professional etc) and I was looking for a lighter, more comfortable watch. I was looking for a particular style (leather strap, clean black dial, sword hands and a display back) and had previously been considering buying a vintage watch. I knew about the RLT site for years, but had only ever looked through the vintage Seikos. On looking through the RLT watches section, I found exactly the watch I had been searching for – the RLT 16!

The watch has been on my wrist pretty much permanently since Christmas. It is very comfortable, looks awesome and is great value for money. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Thank you RLT!