Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
pauluspaolo

Bug Photos

Recommended Posts

A few more this morning. I have no idea what most of them are. :(

 

WEE_BUG_1.jpg

WEE_BUG_2.jpg

WEE_BUG_3.jpg

 

WEE_BUG_9.jpg

WEE_BUG_7.jpg

 

These, I know. The dreaded greenfly.

 

GREENFLY_1.jpg

 

Another Small Tortoiseshell.

 

ST_B.jpg

 

Lastly, certainly not a bug. A Dunnock.

 

DUNNOCK_1.jpg

 

 

 

Steve.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Out with the dog this morning, and spotted this wee beastie, also out for a walk. 

 

 February :crazy5vh:

 

 

LADYBIRD-2-160219.jpg

 

Managed to sneak a watch in.

 

 

710-ACID-DIPPED-LADYBIRD-1-160219.jpg

 

 

 

Steve.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out in the garden today, and saw several Bee flies. These very furry flies have a darting flight, then they hover in front of a flower and take nectar with their long proboscis. Called a Bee fly presumably because they look like a bee, they are a fly and harmless.

large.20200407_095219.jpg.c244479f8a94887267a4512efb71a9ab.jpg

large.20200407_095435.jpg.71f335dde4a88b95baa702f0c70d52b9.jpg

large.20200407_095631.jpg.87f128bb57b06e0bf5b3cb1dee5db9b8.jpg

Then saw a Wolf spider...these are the ones you often see running about on the ground. Very small, maybe 1cm across, later on in the year, the females are often seen with a bluish egg sac attached to their rear end.

large.20200407_102438.jpg.003a5259c51409b2c5810181db3517c3.jpg

large.20200407_102552.jpg.3929a1f3455bdab1909e3d8173293c32.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2018 at 13:01, NOTSHARP said:

A few more this morning. I have no idea what most of them are. :(

 

WEE_BUG_1.jpg

WEE_BUG_2.jpg

WEE_BUG_3.jpg

 

WEE_BUG_9.jpg

WEE_BUG_7.jpg

 

These, I know. The dreaded greenfly.

 

GREENFLY_1.jpg

 

Another Small Tortoiseshell.

 

ST_B.jpg

 

Lastly, certainly not a bug. A Dunnock.

 

DUNNOCK_1.jpg

 

 

 

Steve.

 

There are a couple of parastic wasps there steve.

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Out in the garden today, and saw several Bee flies. These very furry flies have a darting flight, then they hover in front of a flower and take nectar with their long proboscis. Called a Bee fly presumably because they look like a bee, they are a fly and harmless.

large.20200407_095219.jpg.c244479f8a94887267a4512efb71a9ab.jpg

large.20200407_095435.jpg.71f335dde4a88b95baa702f0c70d52b9.jpg

large.20200407_095631.jpg.87f128bb57b06e0bf5b3cb1dee5db9b8.jpg

Then saw a Wolf spider...these are the ones you often see running about on the ground. Very small, maybe 1cm across, later on in the year, the females are often seen with a bluish egg sac attached to their rear end.

large.20200407_102438.jpg.003a5259c51409b2c5810181db3517c3.jpg

large.20200407_102552.jpg.3929a1f3455bdab1909e3d8173293c32.jpg

Weve had a couple of Bee flies in the garden for the last couple of days.Watched one sunning itself on a warm patch of soil this afternoon.Quite theraputic.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cleaned up the thread as so many of the posts had dead links / pictures

We need more bugs!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2020 at 16:42, Roger the Dodger said:

Then saw a Wolf spider...these are the ones you often see running about on the ground. Very small, maybe 1cm across, later on in the year, the females are often seen with a bluish egg sac attached to their rear end.

large.20200407_102438.jpg.003a5259c51409b2c5810181db3517c3.jpg

 

A few weeks later and here are the very protective females with their egg sacs attached by a thread to the end of their abdomen. They are incredibly fast across the ground when it's hot, so difficult to photograph...the modern phone is the photographer's friend.

Wolf Spider with egg sac.

Wolf Spider with egg sac.

At only 1cm across, even @Cassie-O wouldn't be scared of these...there are thousands in my garden! :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

At only 1cm across, even @Cassie-O wouldn't be scared of these...there are thousands in my garden! :yes:

I'm holding you personally responsible if I have a heart attack one of these days!:tongue::king:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...