• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Dr.f

The Megaquartz Has Arrived

Yes ,its fun,but in my experience sevicing costs for these watches quickly exceed purchase price so it helps to bear that in mind.

Well, purchase price for a used watch needing servicing, I would expect to be low.... It's the buyer like you who then sends it off for first class refurb who raises the value of the watch ... I presume.

Regardless, your pics of the watch back from STS are superb, it's truly looking almost new ... and as an historic watch with a very high quality movement, its value isn't measured just in "going price on the market." It has a certain beauty and charm that aficionados and collectors will appreciate. Well done. :cheers:

:clapping: Really like the look of the refurbed megaquartz. I've one inherited from my late father in law which I'm going to send to sts. It's a megaquartz geneve 32khz. The strap isn't genuine and the watch has been diagnosed with a faulty/broken coil. I just hope they can sort it because of its sentimental value for my wife and we hope to pass it on to our son(who he never met unfortunately) once he's an age he can appreciate it.

Those look great :thumbsup:

Sts reckon they can fix it but it's not cheap, so going to be saving the pennies up. Will post before and after once it's all done :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing that.STS are not cheap but quality is very good(in my limited experience,others may know better)and you get a 2 yr guarentee

FAO Littlelegs

STS do fine, fine work, but if you want to get it running again, you may find contacting either Silverhawk or KeithT on here worthwhile as they both have superb reputations for resurrecting these early quartz peices and may have spares available.

Not sure on case refinishing, but if they can't, they will know someone who can I'd wager, and overall the cost would be substantially cheaper than STS for 95%+ the same standard of casework......On the mechanical side, if they have the parts I'd say they would do just as good a job as STS would mechanically.

Anyway, plug over, but definitely worth giving either a call if you'd like to get it running again.

Rgds,

David.

Sadly sold that Megaquartz and of course bit sorry about that now but opportunity for Omega Marine Chronometer came up and this what i got.

P1010666_zpsdbcdf731.jpg

P1010667_zps610b000f.jpg

Which now off to STS for refurb so will post pics again in few months time.

Well here it is.Had the full refurb,bracelet rebuild and polish,case polish and service.Very pleased.

P1010922_zpsafd4df25.jpg

P1010921_zps96f8637b.jpg

P1010927_zps1225c5d5.jpg

I think the bracelet is stiff enough!!

All that effort and you didn't take the fingerprint off the bottom left of the dial before taking a photo

:tongue2: :tongue2:

And picked up another one! A non-runner so didn't break the bank.Nice not often seen dial and case and bracelet are good.

P1010956_zps32fc846b.jpg

Nice watches and restorations. It's not that difficult so you gents could start on your own step by step and save a fortune.

I restored that blue dial MegaQuartz for Webvan a few years back and I was very pleased with the outcome.

STS is great and has a full professional workshop with tools worth thousands so they need to charge big money.

But as mentioned here in an earlier post you can achieve a 95%+ result within your household and for a fraction of the STS price.

And it's also lots of fun....free of charge :)