• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roger the Dodger

Big Thank You To Will Jean.

Ordered a sharkmesh for my Seiko 009 from Will Jean in Canada a week ago. Many of you will know that if you belong to a watch forum, he will give you a discount (in my case it was $10)

It arrived today, and I was amazed to find he'd included a complimentary Nato in the package. Now that's what I call service!

This is the Sharkmesh...

Watchpics002.jpg

With the incuded 'fat' springbars

Watchpics004-2.jpg

Detail of the adjustable links....

Watchpics008.jpg

The free Nato...

Watchpics014.jpg

On the watch...

Watchpics018-1.jpg

Thanks, Will...what a great service! Will definitely use again! :thumbsup:

That looks like a really comfortable mesh, best I've seen to date. Most look to stiff to work properly. This one is more like chain mail. Excellent choice.

Do you have a URL for them?

The mesh is very supple and very comfortable...I had to remove two of the links to size it to my 7 3/4" - 8" wrist...each link is about 1/2"...plus there are three holes on the clasp for fine adjustment. Links to eBay are normally OK, but as this is to a dealer, in deference to Roy, I'm not going to link. Instead, search for 'Shark mesh bracelet' and you'll find Will. (Look for 'from Canada') When you scroll to the bottom of his page, you will see the bit about forum discounts (we're on there). You contact him, he'll tell you the discount, and you'll probably do the deal outside of eBay...I did.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Oh i like that,lovely mesh Rog! :man_in_love:

nice bonus with the free nato,and great service to! :)

Edited by sam.

Guest Om_nom_nom_Watches!

"Willie Jean is not my lover. He's just a guy who says that I am the one..."

It's kind of like mine (probably comes from the same place) except your's has the clasp I wanted! Can you get me a shot of how that particular clasp links to the mesh, on the end opposite to the microadjustment one?

Here you are, Renato...the first pic is of the complete clasp...it's a locking clasp with a fold over tab.

Watchpics065.jpg

Here's the tab end...the square fork is riveted to the clasp, and you remove the screws to take the link out. The link comprises the H section and two rows of mesh, so you would remove the bottom screw in the H and the screw in the square fork.

Watchpics066.jpg

Closer...Watchpics067.jpg

Here you are, Renato...the first pic is of the complete clasp...it's a locking clasp with a fold over tab.

Here's the tab end...the square fork is riveted to the clasp, and you remove the screws to take the link out. The link comprises the H section and two rows of mesh, so you would remove the bottom screw in the H and the screw in the square fork.

Thanks for that Roger but there's my problem right there... the damn things come riveted from the factory...

I've posted this before but I tried to change from this clasp...

1967black077.jpg

To the one you have...

clasp016.jpg

...but I bumped into that rivet thing:

clasp040.jpg

I've also tried just using one of the screw bars to hold one of the H links or just the mesh but there is no clearange...

clasp045.jpg

No biggie, the original clasp is just fine and has a bit more microadjustment range (4 positions if I'm not mistaken I'm not... it's visible on the pictures... Doh!... :rolleyes: )

Edited by Kutusov

Yours looks fine Renato...I suspect that they've just changed to the push button clasp on later models...you've still got the fold over security tab, so I doubt it'll come undone...it's a purely cosmetic issue.