• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
complications

Signing Up To Tz Uk

bugger off old man :)

The last `Nursie` thing I did at work was to attend a meeting where one of my `Clients` was discharged, after which the members of the team thanked me for my part in getting him back out to his home, a nice why to finish I felt :wink2:

I`m getting so wrapped up in the union stuff at the moment I`m forgetting I used to nurse

You have my full sympathy, just remember one day you will walk out that door for the last time, that thought was one of the things that kept me going the last few years I was working :)

You jammy bu&&er! The way the Government is going I'll be hobbling up the ward with my own Zimmer frame before I can retire :)

Here`s a few of many reasons why I feel I deserved my early retirement...

A few decades ago I was attacked by an alcholic ex-surgeon with a carving knife which got to within 4 inches of my chest before myself & a Student Nurse (the only other member of staff on the ward at the time) managed to stop him. I`d say of all the people you don`t want attacking you with a knife a Surgeon comes near the top of the list.

Later I spent a few years working nights on my own on a locked male disturbed ward with no alarm call system,you just had to hope that the staff in the ward below realised that the noise coming from above meant you were in trouble.Most nights I had to wrestle a 6ft plus individual who weighed around 20 stone to the ground hoping the rest wouldn`t join in, they broke the office door down to get at one of my colleagues. Never mind the times I got punched kicked & worse by psychopaths & severely disturbed individuals brought in by the Police in the middle of the night under Section 137 of the 1959 or 83 Mental Health Acts. Then there`s all the sh*t, piss & other bodily fluids I had thrown at or spilt over me. On the other hand there`s also the people I`ve helped get discharged or whose lives I have literally saved.BTW one of the reasons they allowed us to retire at 55 was because of the mental strain the job took, I know many colleagues who had breakdowns & a few who commited suicide due to the stress of work.

I`m sorry for ranting & going off topic.

Wow, this thread went off on one!

Great story though Mach - the dole is seeming a little more appealing now! :P

To OP. I believe Eddie (Swanbourne), the owner of TZUK approves/rejects every application personally. Last I heard you had to catch registration Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.

No apology needed for ranting, or going off topic, which I am about to do as well.

My post was only a light hearted comment on a serious subject. I'm off to work shortly, I'm a Charge Nurse In ICU, tonight I may be the only senior member of staff for 13 patients and may have to coordinate the ward and look after a patient as well.

The thought of doing this for another 15 or 20 years if retirement changes come into effect is extremely depressing, never mind the mental effort of keeping on top of rapidly changing medical and nursing processes, the sheer physical effort the job takes has increased drastically the last few years.

I certainly don't begrudge anyone who retires from this or your particular environment the chance to do so whilst they are still able to enjoy that retirement.

And now that's off my chest I'll be off :)

Ps sorry to OP, for more hijacking!

No apology needed for ranting, or going off topic, which I am about to do as well.

My post was only a light hearted comment on a serious subject. I'm off to work shortly, I'm a Charge Nurse In ICU, tonight I may be the only senior member of staff for 13 patients and may have to coordinate the ward and look after a patient as well.

The thought of doing this for another 15 or 20 years if retirement changes come into effect is extremely depressing, never mind the mental effort of keeping on top of rapidly changing medical and nursing processes, the sheer physical effort the job takes has increased drastically the last few years.

I certainly don't begrudge anyone who retires from this or your particular environment the chance to do so whilst they are still able to enjoy that retirement.

And now that's off my chest I'll be off :)

Ps sorry to OP, for more hijacking!

I`m sorry, I didn`t realise you were also a nurse, you have my full sympathy if they do move the goal posts regarding retirement. It wouldn`t be so bad if you`re just starting in the profession knowing that you`ve got to work longer but it`s a real bummer when you`ve been in the job sometime & then find you`ve got to wait many more years until you can retire especially as at the same time they constantly expect more from you.

I see Eddies point about increasing the number of posts to 250 for write access to SC. Speedposting to 50 is one thing, but now everyone is speedposting to 250 instead. Most topics the last few days span more than one page and is full of "+1", "me to" and "I love that watch". I much prefer this forum. Less crowded and more friendly. I first got here because of the electric watches section but it feels more like my "home forum".

Cheers,

Ketil

I joined here before I joined Eddie's forum - that was some years ago.

I have a lot of sympathy with Eddie - just like Roy he/his business supports his forum and if for no other reasion than that one has to accept that his rules apply. Now it's very true that speed posting goes on - and if these people only realised that you can speed post in an acceptable fashion (i.e. actually post about watches, put up jokes, show pictures, join in sub-forums such as photography) and you could get your 50 post count up quite quickly. That way, even though it's obvious that you're speed posting it's also obvious that you're not taking the pi$$.

I can't say I noticed anybody (well known or otherwise) flogging fakes there but I suppose it was bound to happen, although it could be that someone has bought something not knowing they had been conned and is in all innocence trying to flip it. Who can say? Personally I don't think I would dare try to deliberately flog a fake on a watch enthuisiasts' site - you're bound to get caught out!! However it's true there are some members over there with a serious attitude problem and there are a few who are very uncomplimentary to this site.

I do enjoy looking at the Sales sites - I get to see lots of watches that I had never heard of and have learned quite a bit so to lose the ability to view seems a bit harsh, but I don't see any harm in having members prove their bona fides with a 250 post count before allowing them the facility of a free sales site.

Just my 2 p worth.....

Rob

its far easier to keep up with the chit chat on this forum.

t-z has a huge amount of traffic and at times does feel like its more big brand and big money wacthes.

I have been on here much longer than t-z but do enjoy both. They each haved a very different feel.

I've learnt a lot about watches on both forums.

Although I registered at TZ, I very rarely go there...as others have said every thing you could want is here! Plus I never get the time to go there anymore as I'm always on here. :D

its far easier to keep up with the chit chat on this forum.

t-z has a huge amount of traffic and at times does feel like its more big brand and big money wacthes.

Try to navigate though WUS!!! There are so many forums and sub-forums that you get completely lost! I think it's so big that members tend to stay in a particular subforum and never move out, so it's a kind of cluster of many separate watch forums :shocking: RLT has just the right size to be able to work as community :thumbsup:

The crap we got from some quarters for introducing the 50 post rule :D see we ain't so bad after all :rofl:

The crap we got from some quarters for introducing the 50 post rule :D see we ain't so bad after all :rofl:

Poor you... :dummyspit: :D

I signed up today, was approved within 5 minutes. However, I only joined as I was given a link to a thread which related to a watch I have got - unfortunately the thread is restricted to over 50 posters. So waste of time.

So they swapped "oppressive moderation" for oppressive regulation

Well, you have to have something... the self regulating thing doesn't work, or works after 50 pages of rubbish and childish abuse... (which btw is why I think Eddie went for these rules...)