• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

For Discussion: Commenting On Sales Forum Posts

but if its derogatory & someone has an agenda delete, but must admit never seen that here............

my thoughts :)

cheers Martin

Because we delete them :D

I thought that may be the case , keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Hi

As long as it's reasonable & constructive comment (which could be positive , or could highlight an issue with the item) or just congratulations on offering such a fine item then I think it's fine....and it forms part of an important area of the forum !

Thanks Neil

Agree with this - if it's not negative then no problem. If it is a negative comment then really should be deleted if possible.

Thank God most of you can enter the "SF"

A certain forum Owner only wants to let his "little band of boys" to even see their sales corner. And you have to praise him constantly

:wallbash: :wallbash:

Thats a comment for another forum.... and I think your misrepresenting the situation anyway.

As for the question... positive comments are ok in my opinion or adding info about the specific watch

Edited by gaz64

What are people's views on commenting on sales posts? The reason I ask is because we delete a good many of them because they in effect are a bump and we try and keep it equitable for all sellers (e.g the one bump per 24 hours rule etc)

I have mixed feelings about it, sometimes they can be quite entertaining and interesting other times just damned annoying ... posts such as "not my cup of tea but GLWTS" or "I haven't got the money but GLWTS" and "Nice watch" :lol:

Anyway for discussion:

Should we allow all comments on sales posts, should we continue to thin them out or should we not allow any comments?

Over to you :sweatdrop:

a couple of times i've added positive (conmstructive) comments to other peoples sales threads but then when I return to the forum they have gone ? So I assume they have been removed ?

OK the consensus seems to be leave it as it is and keep thinning out the meaningless posts, thanks for the feedback :)

Thank God most of you can enter the "SF"

A certain forum Owner only wants to let his "little band of boys" to even see their sales corner. And you have to praise him constantly

:wallbash: :wallbash:

Oh my Lord, is it worth responding to this...................nope I don't think so!

I think it looks like it works quite well on here. Different forums seem to have completely different ways of doing things, from all dealings in the thread and no pm's to no messages at all. Another forum I'm on has no comments in the sale threads at all and they feel quite empty.

Interesting comments that add to the post eg on the watch or seller are a good thing IMO.

Although it sounds like there is more active moderation than i realised, which must be a pain for the mods ...

On the land rover forum I am a member of, the original poster can 'lock' a thread he started. This is often done to stop negative comments...

.."PM sent" posts annoy me - especially when they are mad low-ball offers: If you PM me I'll see it, you don't have to tell me as well, try to discourage other potential purchasers.

On the land rover forum I am a member of, the original poster can 'lock' a thread he started. This is often done to stop negative comments...

.."PM sent" posts annoy me - especially when they are mad low-ball offers: If you PM me I'll see it, you don't have to tell me as well, try to discourage other potential purchasers.

I dont see the problem with PM sent others ar still free to send PM`s Each to their own I suppose

I dont see the problem with PM sent others ar still free to send PM`s Each to their own I suppose

yes, each to their own. I'm just a bit grumpy tonight!

Dec

edit: spelling

Edited by Deco

I always abstain from commenting. Early on in my days here I posted what I thought was a good comment and it was erased within a minute or two of the post. I learned my lesson pretty quickly. And I agree with the protocol that proper helpful posts are great, vacuous comments, negative posts and gratuitous bumps should go.

Wondered who had resurrected this thread - Oh well! :whistle: I'll just bump it back up to the top :rofl2

The Sequined ASvenger (and all round contentious poster :lol: )

I have been PM'd and the little window popping up, that I am used to... doesn't seem to do it any more and I don't always notice the "little envelope" telling me I have one.

I also don't understand the "Withdrawn" thing as well. What's that all about?? If it doesn't sell it just sinks to obscurity. It shouldn't be risen to the top - it's not available... or is it - hmmmm...???

I also don't understand the "Withdrawn" thing as well. What's that all about?? If it doesn't sell it just sinks to obscurity. It shouldn't be risen to the top - it's not available... or is it - hmmmm...???

Occasionally a member (often a new one) will dredge up an old post (sometimes from years ago), and ask if it is still for sale.

Later,

William

Occasionally a member (often a new one) will dredge up an old post (sometimes from years ago), and ask if it is still for sale.

Later,

William

I still don't buy it. You mean to tell me that if you saw an old posting... you wouldn't send the guy a PM or respond to the thread?? C'mon! Weather it says 'withdrawn' or not - if it is something you want - yer still gonna ask. It's BS. The only thing that would stop any of us - is if it said it was "Sold"!

Later,

William

I still don't buy it. You mean to tell me that if you saw an old posting... you wouldn't send the guy a PM or respond to the thread?? C'mon! Weather it says 'withdrawn' or not - if it is something you want - yer still gonna ask. It's BS. The only thing that would stop any of us - is if it said it was "Sold"!

I don't know about that. I was just pointing out things I have actually seen happen within the Sales section before.

Later,

William

personally im tired of putting 'oh hold' then having to change due to ppl trying to lowball me (theres a difference between asking for a bit off and taking the ****) , that or the fact they dont have the money in the first place but say they want it (ive heard it all from bills to grandad dying) . tbh i think im done trying to sell /swap anything on here for the time being , either that or im going to start naming lowballers and timewasters.

Edited by pugster

I can personally think of 3 "Withdrawn" watches I have purchased.

I withdraw them to let people know they are not for sale any longer.

Stops any more lowball offers by pm as well

I can personally think of 3 "Withdrawn" watches I have purchased.

The Withdrawn lets the cheapskates & lowballers know that is the lowest your going to take :)

I dont mind a little haggle, but if the price is already low & you write firm & no offers WTF do some people still try it, even when I ignore them I have some write PM sent on the sales post.......................... I am with Deco there :)

Also while I am ranting, I would be happy to see the min post increased to 200+ before sales privileges :)

Edited by martinzx

hi i know i am new but i think 200 will make sure that new members are are keen on watches and thay will add imput to forum .but what do i know. as most will know by now i have a lot trouble spelling ,and i still got there in the end . i do not mind comments if thay are fair .all the best woody.