• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rossi46

Christopher Ward Watches

On an easyjet flight back from Tenerife I noticed an advert in their magazine for Christopher Ward Watches. Looking at their website they seem reasonably priced, I quite like the look of the C60 Trident GMT. Does anyone here own one ? Any good ?

There are a few owners on here - never heard of any problems. Customer service seems good too. I think there is a CW forum, but never visited myself.

I own 2 but have purchased 4 in total (sold 2)

I think they are very good watches for the price - although they (like most others) have increased their prices on a regular basis. 2 years ago they were all 70 - 100 pounds cheaper than they are now.

They all have a 60 day returns policy so why not go for it and if you don't like it, send it back. Most of the autos are ETA 2824's which is a very good movement.

They are Marmite watches: Some love them, some hate them. In my view they have some pleasing designs, the build quality is fine, prices are good but rising.

If you like the design and the price then you probably won't be disappointed.

Guest robert75

I have had a look through the CW forum and website myself as I was thinking of getting one. They have plenty of nice standard design watches (e.g. pilot watches, divers watches etc....) For around the 250 - 400 price mark. From what I have read they use Swiss movements and have the watches made over there but "Designed" By themselves. From what I have seen from CW owners a few have been a bit disappointed with some of the latest designs, the direction they are going and possible price increases.

I quite like their forum I wouldnt say they are any more biased towards CW watches than you would find on any other particular watch forum.

I quite like their forum I wouldnt say they are any more biased towards CW watches than you would find on any other particular watch forum.

I like the CW Forum too but I would say that they are strongly biassed in favour of CW watches. It's only natural. In comparison this forum is biassed in favour of Roy's watches and TZ-UK tends to be biassed in favour of Eddie's watches. Note that none of this means that members of the CW Forum, of TWF, or of TZ-UK cannot or do not appreciate other watch brands as well! It's just that support for what one might call the 'home brand' on each forum tends to be strong. It's no different to brand subforums on WUS where support tends to be strong for the 'home brand' precisely because it's the brand on which the (sub)forum is based.

There are some who believe that being a member of one forum means you cannot possibly like the watches from the home brand of another forum. This does seem to be true for some people who are very tribalist but, in general, one can like the watches of several competing manufacturers.

Personally I'm a member of TWF, CWF, TZ-UK, WUS, 3T, SCWF, and OWS and I have no problem enjoying watches from all the 'home brands' of the respective forums. ;-)

I have had a look through the CW forum and website myself as I was thinking of getting one. They have plenty of nice standard design watches (e.g. pilot watches, divers watches etc....) For around the 250 - 400 price mark. From what I have read they use Swiss movements and have the watches made over there but "Designed" By themselves. From what I have seen from CW owners a few have been a bit disappointed with some of the latest designs, the direction they are going and possible price increases.

I like the new C11. And the C600 all black with green hands. Not fussed by the rest of the range much.

I like the new C11. And the C600 all black with green hands. Not fussed by the rest of the range much.

Yes, I'd agree on the C11, the face looks so with the new type of glass.

I like most of the aviation watches, but the rest just seem much of a muchness, I think there are other brands and styles that do it for me more than Mr Ward...

the colour catalogue just landed through my father in laws letterbox and there were some nice looking watches in it.

not been tempted enough to buy one though I alweays see others things I would rather have.

I don't think much of the new limited edition jumping hour watch.

Guest robert75

I like most of the aviation watches, but the rest just seem much of a muchness, I think there are other brands and styles that do it for me more than Mr Ward...

Have to agree their aviation watches are really nice. One of them is definately on my shopping list. I would also agree that a lot of their other stuff is a bit dry.

One of my work colleagues has one, not something I would wear but it looks well made and he likes it. As with all things horological if you like it get it, don't worry what others think!

If anything they need to get credit for being one of the rare brands to push high accuracy quartz (C70 COSC), the other being Breitling, when several others have dropped the ball recntly (Longines, Omega for example).

I was going to get the C70 COSC until somehow pointed out that there were no minute markers as they had been replaced by the tachymeter...that put me off!

You know what I think would make their watches look much classier is if they remove the CW logo and reference to london from them and just had Christopher Ward in writing across the face at the current size. Anyone any good with photoshop?

You know what I think would make their watches look much classier is if they remove the CW logo and reference to london from them and just had Christopher Ward in writing across the face at the current size. Anyone any good with photoshop?

Err.... haven't you heard the controversy about the new "Chr.Ward" logo? ;-)

errm no..... Have I just picked a scab?

Guest robert75

The can is open mate, there are worms everywhere......

The can is open mate, there are worms everywhere......

Hehe, that's a good way of putting it.

To expain briefly for anyone who hasn't heard: The company known as "Christopher Ward London" is rebranding itself as "Chr.Ward" and will be ditching the "CW" logo. This has produced some less then positive reactions amongst the Christopher Ward fan base. Check out the CW Forum for the full info.

Personally I think "Chr.Ward" on a watch dial will look ridiculous.

Edited by Markrlondon