• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JoT

17 Jewel Omega Cal. 1337 Movement

OK .... quartz experts ph34r.gif

Explain where, how and why this Omega Cal. 1337 movement has 17 jewels?

And are there any other multi-jewel quartz movements around ?

user posted image

The ETA movement in my VDB has 27-jewels. It has four motors and seven hands so I guess some of them must have some functional value, but whether they're all of any real use I don't know.

I can see at least one jewel in that Omega movement and possibly five. Not sure where the others may be.

I think because they didn't know any better! It was the protocall.

The Oysterquartz movement has 11 jewels. And alse a rate trimmer just like yours to compensate for the changes in the crystals' frequency as it ages.

A nice piece to have in your collection.

The above was supposed to have a pic of a Luminox tank, but I got this message "Global Space Left: 383bytes" have I hit some picture storage limit? The pic itself was 60k

Fred had some problems with attached images in another thread too. Let's give it a try smile.gif This image is deliberately too big (77.5K in file size) so I should get an error message:

<There should be a picture of a Raketa R2350 8 jewel quartz here>

Well, I didn't get an error message when previewing the post but obviously it hasn't worked and I still have a "global" space of 60K.

Now the same picture but only 53.9K:

Raketa R2350 8-jewel quartz

This time the attachment worked. You can see the attached image listed in the "File Attachments" section when adding or editing your reply. Strangely though, the global space left says "unlimited" blink.gif

I guess the answer is to keep file sizes down to a few K below 60K.

Edited by rhaythorne

laugh.gif I think maybe Roy's just tweaked something re. the global limit.

In the Raketa movement picture, four jewels are clearly visible. I would guess that the other four are on the opposite side of the "cogs" making a total of eight.