• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jnash

Enabling This Forum For Tapatalk

Is this something the admins can add?, it would make browsing this forum on the iPhone much easier. this now seems to be the only forum i subscribe to religiously that doesn't have the add-on enabled.

Thanks Guys

Jonathan

Drop KrispyDK a PM - imagine he would be the man to discuss this with....

Yep, ask Dave, he can look into it and then ask the boss.... :)

Apple all the way here... 3GS, 4 and iPad 2 in the house here, is there a native display app for this forum?

Try the IPB app on iTunses (free)

How would it be different? I mostly view the forum on my iPhone 4 and open it in safari. It loads quick, navigating is easy, using reply, pm, smileys etc is a breeze, so how will tapatalk improve it?

How would it be different? I mostly view the forum on my iPhone 4 and open it in safari. It loads quick, navigating is easy, using reply, pm, smileys etc is a breeze, so how will tapatalk improve it?

Think it's mainly a convenience thing - if you subscribe to multiple forums you can navigate them from one common menu structure etc.

IPB is essentially a front end leading to the forum shown as a web page, I think tapatalk takes the forum posts and transposes them to the iphone style of message.

Although Tapatalk is a paid app the server extension is free to hosts - maybe KrispyDK will square it with Roy and switch it on and we can find out!

Edited by Retronaut

Morning all.

Looks simple enough to install from this end but, like you say, I just need to get the OK from the big man first.

I've never used it though and have always used the forum with the default android browser with no problems.

Am I right in thinking that tapatalk is more of a forum aggregator, like newsnow or Google news is for news websites???

I'd like it in Morse Code and Klingon please, Oh and a touch of Benesh Notation would be nice as well! :angel_not:

WTF are you lot on about, I've only just discovered that CD's night be on the way out just when I scrapped the LP's in the loft, and I'd only recently bought a new box of needles for the gramophone too! :lol:

The Sequined Avenger

Edited by mel

Currently on my iPhone I use tapatalk to browse three or four forums I regularly use, it notifies me if all the unread messages etc, as someone said its a convenience thing. Also IPB isn't working on the new iPhone 4s :(

Thanks

Was going to create a thread about Tapatalk but found this one.

Please create one, as above its mainly for convenience. But if it gets more people involved and posting on the forum then surely thats a good thing? Those of us with an iPhone etc can use the forum whenever we want, rather than having to sit at a computer or laptop.

It will be down to if this forum's software is on the Tapatalk list - it's relatively easy to install if it is as I've done so on a forum I manage

Tapatalk is now enabled for this forum. My thanks go out to Dave (KrispyDK) once more for all his hard work on the server side of the forum.

He has also enabled the ability for members to store images directly in tapatalk to post to the forum.

The way it is laid out, easy to navigate on phones, much faster than the phone browser. Really fast on my galaxy S2.

Ok been playing some more with it and...... I like it, I like it alot! Tapatalk that is.

There'll be no holding you back now...

Ok been playing some more with it and...... I like it, I like it alot! Tapatalk that is.

There'll be no holding you back now...

No there wont.

Thanks again Dave.