• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Well Done Man Utd (or the Moan About Man Utd) and Other Football Thread

I wondered how long b4 this thread poped up you blouse Taylor! Boro were awful, got home just as it started and watched most of it.

What about Pompey! Foggy will no doubt be crying into his beer tonight.

POSH were robbed on all accounts Forest were awful , POSH had 2 clear penalties not given and missed loads of sitters. I can't see the London Road end giving Fry anything but aggro from now until the inevitable relegation.

Not too many shocks today, Spurs were lucky to get a draw but not much else. Mrs is over the moon as the Toon won and Boro and Sunderland are out!

pg tips said:
I wondered how long b4 this thread poped up you blouse Taylor!  Boro were awful, got home just as it started and watched most of it.

Boro were awful because United were fantastic

It's all part of the plan .... lose to United .... FA Cup is a distraction .... get the fourth spot in the league ... and win the UEFA Cup

I know our leader enjoys his Manchester United but what do members think of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer taking over as manager? He had a good run as the temporary manager only because the players had decided to play after spending months being awkward and not trying with Jose Mourinho. 

I think there are too many trouble makers in the dressing room with Pogbar as the ringleader, could the honeymoon period be over or coming to an end? Certainly Pogba's performance against Wolves (which Utd lost) was dreadful, he looked liked he didn't want to be on the pitch and the game against Barcelona, who didn't play well didn't go well.

I think poor old OGS will see his a*** at Old Trafford

• Like 1

Just watched the game against West Ham, Man U stumbled to a win, a penalty that wasn't a penalty, a West Ham disallowed goal and one which cannoned off the goalpost and a second (clearcut) penalty for Man U

Pogba looked disinterested, OSG looked worried 

The team look like they have gone back into Jose Mourinho mode since OSG got the permanent job

3 - nil to Barcelona who hardly broke into a sweat

Pogba sulking all match again, Man Utd need to get rid of him, he's bad for the dressing room

On 12/04/2019 at 20:18, JoT said:

I know our leader enjoys his Manchester United but what do members think of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer taking over as manager? He had a good run as the temporary manager only because the players had decided to play after spending months being awkward and not trying with Jose Mourinho. 

I think there are too many trouble makers in the dressing room with Pogbar as the ringleader, could the honeymoon period be over or coming to an end? Certainly Pogba's performance against Wolves (which Utd lost) was dreadful, he looked liked he didn't want to be on the pitch and the game against Barcelona, who didn't play well didn't go well.

I think poor old OGS will see his a*** at Old Trafford

Can't argue with any of that. Pogba woke up for a few games under OGS, and there is no question he's one of their top players on his day, but I agree he just doesn't turn up for half the matches and for his money that is unacceptable.  Not chasing loose balls, what's that all about??? He should never stop running all game long, at least Rashford has that going for him.

Even as a fan of the other side I quite like Solskjaer and wish him luck (just not against City!).  That whole team was world class but learned some dreadful habits under Mourinho, Ole will have his work cut out now as he needs to trim the deadwood - lots and lots of deadwood - and bring in some hungry younger players.

How can a team as deadly as MU be so scared of running forward with the ball. I hated seeing them park the bus and defend (looking at you, Jose) with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of attacking power on the pitch.  Negative football and it looks like it's quite hard to un-learn.

OGS was a shoo-in for that job after his run of results, but to be fair the timing of his appointment was no accident, with half a dozen easy games in a row and then a couple of coin flips (which they won).  I'll judge him on next season, see what he spends, who he bins and whether they keep up the charge forward.

• Like 1

That was an amazing result for Everton, though it looks like Man U might have another Ferguson as manager, who would have thought that. 

Oh dear 1 - 0 to City

Pogba missing in action again

OSG out!

10 minutes ago, JoT said:

Oh dear 1 - 0 to City

Pogba missing in action again

OSG out!

2 - 0 to City

Love watching the prem as I don't support Anyone in it so very impartial on the premiership , Liverpool to win the league and man City , Tottenham and wolves deserve a spot in my opinion to Get top 4 positions , being a Luton town supporter and being  relageted out of the football league 10 years ago , we are currantly top off league one and pushing full steam ahead toward the championship  come on you hatters lol 

Edited by Iceblue

Who the heck is OSG? Do you mean OGS, as in Ole Gunnar Solskjær?

Tonight was the one and only night in my life that I wanted a Utd win. It's up to Burnley, Brighton and Leicester to help us now.  :huh:

8 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

Who the heck is OSG? Do you mean OGS, as in Ole Gunnar Solskjær?

Tonight was the one and only night in my life that I wanted a Utd win. It's up to Burnley, Brighton and Leicester to help us now.  :huh:

:biggrin:

Huddersfield, Newcastle and Wolves is a tougher run-in as well 

• Sad 1

Same old same old - Pogba strolling about sulking, De Gea making mistakes and OGS like a rabbit in the headlights

Man Utd 1 -1 Chelsea

I see Man Utd finished their season ins style losing 2 - 0 to relegated Cardiff City

:rolleyes:

The OGS bubble has burst already

That cost me my banker in 'I know the score' as well. I thought even the Mancs could beat Cardiff, but how wrong I was. Unless Ed Woodward spends a fortune next season, there is no hope for OGS and he'll be toast before Christmas. 

I'm just hoping Abramovich can decide whether he's going to sell Chelsea or get behind them again, as we're just treading water at the moment. 

• Like 1

Last 12 games Man Utd

LLLWLLWLLLDL

That's relegation form!

1 hour ago, Caller. said:

That cost me my banker in 'I know the score' as well. I thought even the Mancs could beat Cardiff, but how wrong I was. Unless Ed Woodward spends a fortune next season, there is no hope for OGS and he'll be toast before Christmas. 

I'm just hoping Abramovich can decide whether he's going to sell Chelsea or get behind them again, as we're just treading water at the moment. 

Finishing third without impressing, shows the gap between City & Liverpool and the rest

As a Boro fan I am really not sure where we are heading, I think we did well finishing 7th

Even the Championship now requires big money and while Steve Gibson has been a fantastic Chairman his pockets aren't deep enough for current times

Who is going to go?   They should get some decent money for Pogba, and he simply HAS to go - his work rate in that Cardiff game was shocking, even as a City fan I was cursing him.

Quite a lot more players are going to get their marching orders too, sadly. Seems a shame that such giants can fall so quickly. I still stand by the fact United had/have a great squad but they were totally ruined by Mourinho and his very negative tactics. MU have always been an attacking side, it's criminal to see them sit back and defend and it looked like Ole was the man to turn that back around.

Unless there is another miracle "class of 90" coming through the youth squad, I think MUFC will be pretty tame opposition for two or three seasons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Luke Shaw was the players player of the year,  'Nuff said

No, he's been voted the Manchester United fans "players player" of the season, probably because he finally went a year without injury.    even so, means slightly less than fk all in this United squad sadly,  I would struggle to pick a player scoring in the top half of the premier league.

I wouldn't trust most of this United squad to tie their own shoelaces,  Let alone vote for  player of the season.   :D :D :D

13 hours ago, kevkojak said:

No, he's been voted the Manchester United fans "players player" of the season    

oh, sarcasm by poll :laugh:

As long as he is popular then United can stay away from Harry Maguire.  Leicester finished 14 points behind United this year, but I wonder what the gap will be next year?

• Haha 1