• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Incoming! Poljot Jetfighter

See? Lot's of traffic on the Russian forum!!! :P

Anyway, it's this halfbreed of a Breitling Blackbird and Breitling... ehrrr... ask ANDI, he's the one to be blamed for this... :ok:

5177s2.jpg

5177k.jpg

Shame there isn't a bracelet with proper end-links for this one...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bezel, etc., looks a lot like a Pulsar ana-digi combo I wore for a few years (bought on closeout in Mobile, AL, fitted with a Hirsch brown sport band, then finally died after a local jewelry store botched a battery change). Frankly, that'd look good on a NATO or pilot-style strap. You could also get a 24mm strap and notch it to match the lugs, like I did with my Vostok.

That looks great!

I've managed to get a SS generic bracelet for the Breitling Blackbird, which has straight end links but might be slightly curved... Might need a bit of "refined" metal-working :bash:

kgrhqeokkme1qkbruykbnpb.jpg

I don't know, we'll see when both get here.

I have one 20mm bracelet with end links I think could work... :victory:

It's the Orion bracelet, I never used...

Would you like it? :friends:

Thank you so much Anna but they wouldn't fit. The end links on the Orion bracelets are round to accommodate the round shape of the case. The Jetfighter is a bit odd in this respect as the bottom of the lugs is complitly straight (Like an U with 90º corners). I'll wait and see if the one I bought works... I know it will fit, as it has the right shape. I'm just not sure about the depth, the end pieces might be too long or too tall. If they are too long, it's an easy fix... Dremel sorts that out right away! If they are too tall, well... it's a cheap(ish) bracelet and my guess is that the end pieces are not SS. If so, a vise and some calculated bending might do the trick :D

Edited by Kutusov

Good luck with the bracelet combo,really looking foreward to seeing how it goes.I did try a Hadley Roma Breitling style bracelet several years ago but it just didnt look or fit well,the one you have sourced does look a potentialy better choice.

My solution has been Official Time Bull leather deployment,BOB Croc and genuine Breitling pro diver straps

andiwatches038.jpgandiwatches039.jpgandiwatches040.jpg?t=1281880884andiwatches043.jpgandiwatches053.jpgandiwatches055.jpg%7Boption%7D

so....thats a proper rip-off right?

sorry, but that is just to near the mark to be taken seriously......

Yeap! From the time Poljot was coming very close to Swiss chrono designs. The Aviator I ended up being banned from sale on Switzerland and Germany because on how close it looked to the Fortis (actually, the whole story is a German Poljot reseller advertised it as being "Just like a Fortis" and law-suits followed that).

Anyway, I bet you wouldn't be saying that if the watch was orange :whistle:

Good luck with the bracelet combo,really looking foreward to seeing how it goes.I did try a Hadley Roma Breitling style bracelet several years ago but it just didnt look or fit well,the one you have sourced does look a potentialy better choice.

My concern are the endlinks really... I think the one I've got is for the new (?) Blackbird that has slightly curved lugs, even though they are still straight on the inside.

Might also look good on a mesh :P

so....thats a proper rip-off right?

sorry, but that is just to near the mark to be taken seriously......

you gotta keep a sense of humour about homages like this :thumbup:

eeerm, know anyone with any home made DSSD or Rolex a like bracelets? :partytime:

you gotta keep a sense of humour about homages like this :thumbup:

eeerm, know anyone with any home made DSSD or Rolex a like bracelets? :partytime:

...or an IWC Top Gun Parnis chrono :P . We all know Shaun is keeping his humour... just a bad one at the moment :wink: But we LOVE you all the same :hug: !! (you're big enough for me to add that! Plus, I hope I'm getting your name right because last time I've called you Shawn and I didn't sleep for 3 nights, waiting for you show up at my door-step with a crow-bar :D )