UK Watch Forum banner

Incoming! Poljot Jetfighter

7K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  Kutusov 
#1 ·
See? Lot's of traffic on the Russian forum!!! :p

Anyway, it's this halfbreed of a Breitling Blackbird and Breitling... ehrrr... ask ANDI, he's the one to be blamed for this... :eek:k:

5177s2.jpg

5177k.jpg

Shame there isn't a bracelet with proper end-links for this one...

See less See more
#8 ·
The bezel, etc., looks a lot like a Pulsar ana-digi combo I wore for a few years (bought on closeout in Mobile, AL, fitted with a Hirsch brown sport band, then finally died after a local jewelry store botched a battery change). Frankly, that'd look good on a NATO or pilot-style strap. You could also get a 24mm strap and notch it to match the lugs, like I did with my Vostok.

#20 ·
Good luck with the bracelet combo,really looking foreward to seeing how it goes.I did try a Hadley Roma Breitling style bracelet several years ago but it just didnt look or fit well,the one you have sourced does look a potentialy better choice.

My solution has been Official Time Bull leather deployment,BOB Croc and genuine Breitling pro diver straps

andiwatches038.jpg
andiwatches039.jpg
andiwatches040.jpg?t=1281880884
andiwatches043.jpg
andiwatches053.jpg
andiwatches055.jpg
%7Boption%7D

#23 ·
Good luck with the bracelet combo,really looking foreward to seeing how it goes.I did try a Hadley Roma Breitling style bracelet several years ago but it just didnt look or fit well,the one you have sourced does look a potentialy better choice.
My concern are the endlinks really... I think the one I've got is for the new (?) Blackbird that has slightly curved lugs, even though they are still straight on the inside.

Might also look good on a mesh :p

#21 ·
so....thats a proper rip-off right?

sorry, but that is just to near the mark to be taken seriously......

#22 ·
Yeap! From the time Poljot was coming very close to Swiss chrono designs. The Aviator I ended up being banned from sale on Switzerland and Germany because on how close it looked to the Fortis (actually, the whole story is a German Poljot reseller advertised it as being "Just like a Fortis" and law-suits followed that).

Anyway, I bet you wouldn't be saying that if the watch was orange :whistle:

#27 ·
Anyway, it's this halfbreed of a Breitling Blackbird and Breitling...
If you ask me, the dial on this one looks to have been somewhat inspired by a Zenith El Primero dial:

6223795863_9c6de5db40_z.jpg

Zenith El P HW 07 small by wotsch, on Flickr

(it even has the date window in the same place)

From the time Poljot was coming very close to Swiss chrono designs.
...and German chrono designs. Here's one of mine, that bears more than a passing resemblance to the wonderful Sinn 'Frankfurt Financial District' watches.

6348371576_1707fd8ff8_z.jpg

Poljot-Zivil-08small by wotsch, on Flickr

-wotsch

#28 ·
:D you was right the fisrt time.....its spelt shawn.....and yep........my tongue was firmly in my cheek :D

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ah then, I thought it was Shawn but I've seen a lot of people spelling the other way so I was having my doubts!!

That Poljot of yours is really nice and it's a discreet bestseller. Not many sellers carry that one anymore... I remember you saying you were not impressed by the Strela reissue because it being too small but it's the same size as that Poljot (38/39mm)... So if the feeling is still there (and the tongue has dislodged it self from your cheek :p ), drop me a PM... I'm a 3133 short right now :whistle:

#32 ·
Ok, now is for real... Incoming!!! :p

It will only be shipped tomorrow from Germany so, with some luck, it will be here on time for the weekend.

I've been thinking, these new mesh bracelets might look good if the other one fails...

ds202001b0041.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.