• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Hayward

Just Brought My First Rolex

It's real for me this guy think he's bought a watch worth $10,000 when he really has not he's asking an opinion on the watch mine is leave it there ,the watch is made up of after Market parts the only thing that's genuine is the movement and case all the rest is after Market my opinion is to stay well away from it as it's obvious to me the watch is not what it says it is what's the deal with the 50 posts thing anyway ?

Just had a email from the man. He has confirmed that it is NOT plated and is a newer rolex strap.

A newer after,market strap , that's means it's not a rolex starp but one made to look like a rolex strap I've looked at his other so called two tone gold watches every one has started life as a standard steel watch you can tell by inside the back where it says stainless steel if these indeed gold they would state 18kt not 14 kt like your strap but 18kt your watch is a mixture of 14kt and 18 kt rolex never ever did this your watch is a make up of other bits and pieces any good dealer will know this , this is why the watch was so cheap.

When you get to 50 posts you get chance to buy the same watch for the same price.

Read the rules guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Col.

Ha Ha that's good ! But I'm not speed posting as I'm not selling anything you will see I've been a member for two weeks 50 posts in two weeks is not speed posting and even if it was I'm not selling anything , just trying to tell this member he's not getting a good deal he seems oblivious to it anyway .

The diamons are real, he also sold a ladys watch that endind a few days before. And I know the person that brought the ladys watch. He has had the diamons tested and they are real.

For what I heard, whatches are cheaper (a lot in the states) than over here, is that true?

Can only hope ive baggedd myself a gem.

Am I reading this correctly? .... the vendor sold another watch a few days before this listing ended (24th Dec) and the new owner of that watch (who you know), has not only received their purchase from the States but also had time (over the Christmas holidays) to have the diamonds verified as being genuine?

OK - this whole thread seem entirely wrong to me so, as they say in the Dragon's Den, for that reason, I'm out!

Well the payment finally went through yester day and I will be reciving this Rolex from the states http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330659225467&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 its a little bling bling let me know what you gues think and what you would have paid.

I am new to watches and brought this because I loved the look of it.

Thanks

Seriously the worst fake I have ever seen, There is a test you can use, say Elephant slowly it sounds like Gullible. Now say it faster.

Ha Ha that's good ! But I'm not speed posting as I'm not selling anything you will see I've been a member for two weeks 50 posts in two weeks is not speed posting and even if it was I'm not selling anything , just trying to tell this member he's not getting a good deal he seems oblivious to it anyway .

When you have something to sell count me out. Buy the seller!!!

Col.

He has assured me that it is NOT rolled gold. The only way I can see is when it arrives. The seller has also offered me a refund if it is not real.

And my friend that brought a watch off this seller as family in the states so were able to send it to him a lot quick than the wait I am having.

I will be passing this watch to my friend who is a expert with rolexes and I will get is oppinion on this watch.

I will update you all soon.

I would not go that far , but it's not 100% rolex , the buyer is under the impression he's getting a watch worth $10,000 which is not h case he's having. Gold filled jubilee bracelet that the seller has even told him he sells for $160 so that then says to me if this is not as it seems is the rest of he watch is what it claims ? I very much doubt it and I would not touch it .

When you have something to sell count me out. Buy the seller!!!

Col.

I would never sell anything on a forum ! Well at least nothing of value so will bare that in mind if I ever did put anything up for sale I very much doubt it though ! I buy to keep , not sell

Some people learn the hard way and the original poster will find that out sooner or later.

There's no point in feeding the troll. He probably hasn't even bought it in the first place. And if he has, he's bought a lemon that even a homeless person won't use to wipe his ar....

I would not go that far , but it's not 100% rolex , the buyer is under the impression he's getting a watch worth $10,000 which is not h case he's having. Gold filled jubilee bracelet that the seller has even told him he sells for $160 so that then says to me if this is not as it seems is the rest of he watch is what it claims ? I very much doubt it and I would not touch it .

He says he sales the bracelet for $160 to trade so they are obviously going to add a lot on if it's a trade sale.....

Yeah of course and he's not making any money on $160 is he ? Use your head

Maybe he is buying them in at wholesale

Look the only way we will know is when it comes in the post... So let's just wait until the end of the week

Yeah of course and he's not making any money on $160 is he ? Use your head

Maybe he is buying them in at wholesale

Look the only way we will know is when it comes in the post... So let's just wait until the end of the week

End of the week ? Keep dreaming ! If you think your going to get the watch by the end of the week from USA at Xmas ! You have no chance

Try buying an Omega or Breitling stainless steel bracelet for less than £100 (trade). It's just not going to happen.

So how can someone sell a solid gold and stainless steel bracelet for that amount? And it's definitely won't be a genuine Rolex bracelet, which just devalues the watch further.

At the end of the day, he thinks he's bought a bargain and will try and sell it in the future. What he doesn't realise is that most people aren't as dumb as him. People and dealers alike will want use the serial numbers to verify not only the authenticity and model of the watch but also if there's any outstanding finance on it. When they realise it's a Frankenstein of a watch they won't want to know, unless they offer him peanuts for it.

To the OP, next time you buy anything, do your research BEFOREHAND and not afterwards. That goes for anything you buy, not just watches. And advertising your tax evasion on a public forum isn't clever either, whether you chose to go through with it or not. You sir, are an idiot with a lot of growing up to do.

I may be in danger of being tagged as an upstart newbie speaking his mind but with respect to all previous posters, there's just something not right about this thread. Is it a wind-up, because if so a watch forum would be a great place for one...... :focus:

OK, my turn again...

Can we come back to the so-called "genuine" diamonds and rubies?

First off, just because they are genuine doesn't mean they are of any value. As I'm sure everyone else on this forum knows, diamonds' value depends on how they score for colour, clarity and weight (measured in carats). It is completely impossible to grade diamonds from a photograph, except that you can see they are tiny so they will score next to nothing for weight. As for colour and clarity they may well be genuine but be of very poor quality indeed, and therefore not valuable at all. As for the rubies, ditto, except they may quite likely be synthetic, or possibly not rubies at all but some tiny chips of some semi-precious stone.

I thank you....

Edited by gallch

Someone bought themselves a 2k frankstein.

I would never buy it.

Aftermarket bezel, and aftermarket dial. Not even the original bracelet. If you ever find a replacement in the 2nd hand market it will cost you about 400,500 pounds, they do not come very often. Anything aftermarket will ruin the value... Thats why is so 'cheap'.

Whenever something is 'too good to be true' most of the times it will be too good to be true.

Rolex will not touch it to service.

Always be careful with US dealers, there are roomers that stolen watches from AD's in South America were being sold in America as second hand, etc.

Of course, not all of them, but make sure you are careful, I love buying watches in the US, is the biggest market I suppose, (average watches, I mean)

But I only buy from established dealers, with stores in malls, receipts, all the paperwork....

thanks for everyones advice on this. What would a orignal Rolex bralett ost for this watch? As I would be putting one on. And also, would it be worth doing?

Edited by Hayward

thanks for everyones advice on this. What would a orignal Rolex bralett ost for this watch? As I would be putting one on. And also, would it be worth doing?

No, it wouldn't be worth doing that because then you would have an original Rolex bracelet attached to a strange thing with no provenance or authenticity.

I'd hate to see the bill from Rolex for this watch when it needs a service!

Replacement dial and handset

Replacement bezel

Replacement bracelet

Service

And after all that expenditure (probably £1,500+ at a guess) the OP will have a watch worth less than he's actually paid for it with no box or papers.

I'm sorry Hayward but imho you've been sold a pup. My advice would be to take it to a Rolex AD on receipt and ask for authentication plus an idea of service cost, armed with the facts then get back to the seller and ask for a full refund.

Cheers,

Gary

DIAL: WHITE DIAL WITH DIAMOND HOUR MARKER. AN ORIGINAL DIAL WITH PROFESSIONAL REFINISHED AND CUSTOM ADDED DIAMOND DIAL. DECORATED WITH 10 GENUINE DIAMONDS HOUR MARKERS. EXCELLENT CONDITION. BRAND NEW HANDS AND UPGRADED SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL.

Can be picked up in the far east for £100 a time. Repainted dial, set with 0.04ct diamond chippings.

BEZEL: 18K GOLD DIAMOND BEZEL. CUSTOMIZED AFTERMARKET 18K GOLD DECORATED WITH 40 GENUINE DIAMONDS AND 4 RUBIES. EXCELLENT CONDITION.

see above

BAND: BRAND NEW HIGH QUALITY AFTERMARKET 14K GOLD FILLED TWO TONE JUBILEE BRACELET. FITS 7.5" WRIST. ADDITIONAL LINKS CAN BE PURCHASED.

Aftermarket steel and gold plate jubilee? Nice. Oh wait, don't Seiko do one of those?? :whistle:

MOVEMENT: Cal.3035 ROLEX SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER ORIGINALLY CERTIFIED SELF-WINDING AUTOMATIC.

SERIAL NUMBER: 879XXX9

So a 1985 datejust then? These can be found (especially without the bracelet) for a few hundred quid - certainly under a grand. Add a couple of hundred for the bezel and dial and a generous £20 for the bracelet, now throw in a service. I get that anywhere between £1000 and £1200 IF the movement is right.

Sorry fella, stitched up like a good 'un.

EDIT:

that said, a few companies do these 'upgrades'.

Link here to Timebuilder (?) watches

http://timebuilder.blogspot.com/

Edited by kevkojak