• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

Watch Repairs

Just e mailed Roy with an enquiry about repairing one of my Seiko divers. I appear to have been mistaken in putting my trust in a local watchmakers!

I'm expanding the watch repair side of the business. I can now offer a guaranteed reliable high quality service on all makes of watches, parts supply etc.

Email me with enquiries at sales@rltwatches.com or PM etc.

Roy I sent a couple of Elgin cases in way back.. Wanted the movement transferred between cases and a suitable movement for the second case. You did quote me for the first part but I forget how much.... Could you look the job out reprice it and let me know how to pay you?

Hey all bit off topic, but here goes,

I came on the forum orginaly to get more aquanted with the recent watch releases, and possible purchace in mind or getting one of my watches repaired, and how much it would be. I was going to a get a repair for an old Rolex, but then i couldn't find it.

My family were acting a bit koy, so i demanded that someone told me where it was,

and apparently they have sent it off to be repaired.

It was to this watch repair site. They look legit, and the site feedback is sound.

Should i be demanding it back? Should I even be worried?

Ive only ever used local jewellers in the past, but most have closed down.

Is there anything the average watch wearer can look out for, or just listen out for recommendations from communities like this?

and apparently they have sent it off to be repaired.

It was to this watch repair site. They look legit, and the site feedback is sound.

I just had a look at that site and it just seems to be a sales lead generator. In other words, when you ask for a quote via the site it is forwarded to one of the watchmakers who use it to generate leads. It doesn't look to me like they do any watch-relating work themselves.

I have to say that I would not want to use a site like that to find someone to work on my watch. This is not to say that the work will necessarily be bad but it's uncomfortable to have a third party in the way like that.

Is there anything the average watch wearer can look out for, or just listen out for recommendations from communities like this?

Asking for recommendations on sites like this is definitely the best way forward. Of course, Roy is the first likely recommendation here but there are also others who do good work and who are well known amongst watch collectors.

Hi,

I have a Heuer 510.503 Lemania. Circa '83. Needs servicing and new crystal. Timer button u/s. Can you oblige?

who in the UK can repair an Omega F300(Bulova style movement)

Paul aka Silver hawk is the best man for the job , you can find him if you click on the banner in the Electric watch forum

As I understand it Roy is no longer repairing Watches, am I correct.

If so that is a shame as I have a number of RLT Watches that will require attention in the next couple of years or sooner.

Just to set the record straight with everyone, I am stopping watch repairs. I have been doing repairs for nearly 35 years and it's time to retire from repairs. I do thank all of you that have had repairs done by me in that's for your custom. We may even start a new sub forum for watch repairers and recommendations when I have the new software up and running.