• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Regox

Show Us Your Collection

Hello all,

I've browsed these forums for a while, then joined, asked a few questions. There are many threads created by people to show off their latest aquisition, but no all-encompassing collection thread. So, let this thread be the place where you show us your watches (Please use spoiler tags for each watch or it'll be difficult to read through), and generally ask questions of others collections. Also, since I'm posting pics of Services watches, I predict it takes all of a day for mach to hit this thread and drown out my few watches with his collection. Without further ado, have at it!

Services Army, Made in Germany

x5abql.jpg

Services County, Made in Gt Britain

SMcUDl.jpg

Services Severn, Made in Gt Britain

RQzrtl.jpg

Services Jubilee, Made in Gt Britain

Currently at jewellers being returned to running condition

Services, Made in Gt Britain

NurY3l.jpg

Florn, Made in Austria

Ezofnl.jpg

Rotary Skeleton, Made in Switzerland

cezOql.jpg

Couldn't find the edit button, so if anyone can tell me where it is, I'd be highly appreciative. Anyway, here's the rest of the collection.

Services Jubilee, Made in Gt Britain

1Rk1gl.jpglxpSXl.jpg

Services, Made in Gt Britain

9sZ17l.jpg

A very nice collection you have there particularly the Services models B)

BTW, here`s a chart that should help you date them by the logo style...

services-dates.jpg

Both your Jubilee & Army models were made for the Services Watch Co., Ltd., Leicester in the 1930s by Thiel Brothers, Thuringia Germany. British made Services watches did not appear until the 1950s & were supplied to the company by the Anglo-Celtic Watch Co., see here http://history.powys...rad/anglo1.html

I`m intending to add a County & Severn to my collection sometime :)

`

In answer to your question regarding the edit button; it`s bottom right of the `post` box :wink2:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Here you go, I can`t put them all in one post so more will follow...

"Services" Scout, Army `Lumed Dial` & `Plain Dial` plus Ensign, circa late 1920s/mid 1930s

ServicesDSC_0007.jpg

ServicesDSC_0012.jpg

ServicesDSC_0030-1.jpg

Shown here with their original boxes...

ServicesDSC_0005.jpg

Next up are these two from Switzerland...

Services (Swiss Made) cal.421 7 jewels, circa mid 1950s & `Goodwood`(Foreign Made) cal.191 4 Jewels

circa mid 1930s, both made by the Oris Watch Co.

ServicesDSC_0010.jpg

ServicesDSC_0011-1.jpg

Cal.421 7 jewels & cal.191 4 Jewels

ServicesDSC_0031-1.jpg

The un-named model has a screwed on front & back.

Edited by mach 0.0013137

This group are from post war Germany...

1st watch made by Kienzle, 46/0b movement circa 1950s,

2nd & 3rd watches made by UMK/UMF, #83 movements circa late 1950s/early 1970s

ServicesDSC_0014.jpg

ServicesDSC_0015.jpg

ServicesDSC_0032.jpg

Edited by mach 0.0013137

This group were made in Britain...

Services `Army` (circa mid 1950s), Services `Exel`, `Stop Watch` & un-named

all `Made In Gt Britain` at The Gurnos Works, Ystradgynlais Wales circa late 1950s/1970s.

ServicesDSC_0029-1.jpg

Aviation (circa mid/late 1950s) & Services (circa late 1950s/early 1960s) `Made In Gt Britain`

at The Gurnos Works, Ystradgynlais Wales circa late 1950s.

ServicesAviationDSC_0021.jpg

ServicesAviationDSC_0022.jpg

Interestingly although both watches are marked `Made In Gt. Britain` the Aviation`s movement is stamped `Made in USA`

Here`s the Aviation shown above with my other pocket watch from the same firm...

ServicesDSC_0020.jpg

The Aviation Watch Co., was founded in the late 1930s, I don`t know if there was any connection at this time with the Services Watch Co., They were originally based in a different factories but by the 1950s both companies were under one roof at 27 Bede St., Leicester.

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Last up is this one from the former U.S.S.R.

Services, (Molnija 3602) 18 Jewels , circa late 1970s

ServicesDSC_0017-1.jpg

ServicesDSC_0033-1.jpg

I gather from my watch repairer Steve Burrage (who used to work for Services) that during the late 1970s Time Products (who imported Sekonda) took over Services obviously adding this watch to the Leicester based company`s range. So far I haven`t come across any other Russian made Services, but maybe others will turn up in the future :wink2:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

And now, in an unabashed attempt to make mach slightly jealous, here's a near complete pic of my Services collection:

(Missing from this image are a Despatch Rider, and a Daventry, both being returned to running condition)

(Also, forgive my dodgy photography skills, this was a rush job)

hMsAcl.jpg

Edited by Regox

And now, in an unabashed attempt to make mach slightly jealous, here's a near complete pic of my Services collection:

(Missing from this image are a Despatch Rider, and a Daventry, both being returned to running condition)

(Also, forgive my dodgy photography skills, this was a rush job)

hMsAcl.jpg

Arrrrrghhhh!! :taz:

I wants them!!! :drool:

Did you get the sign off ebay,? I wondered who`d out bid me on that <_< :P

Edited by mach 0.0013137

'Twas me. Also, I remeber when I had just started collecting, a very unusual Disney Services went for around $175us, did you get that one?

'Twas me. Also, I remeber when I had just started collecting, a very unusual Disney Services went for around $175us, did you get that one?

If you decide to let the sign go you know who to call :wink2:

I`ve not seen any Disney Services but I suspect it could have been a fake :thumbsdown:

It had mickey mouse on the face, and the "Services" next to the 10.

Edit: Found a pic

wiOUd.jpg

Edited by Regox

wiOUd.jpg

Interesting, I`d need to see a period advert before I was convinced that is was genuine though :wink2:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

If you decide to let the sign go you know who to call :wink2:

I`ve not seen any Disney Services but I suspect it could have been a fake :thumbsdown:

Very Nice collection, Rogex. I will be watching for Mach's judgement call on the Disney Services pocket watch. :big_boss: Edited by kerry10456

wiOUd.jpg

Rogex, Very nice collection of watch. I have posted link to the movement of this watch. http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd415/kerry10456/Disney%20Pocket%20watches%20English/

I've only got 7 PWs, so I wouldn't really call it a collection, but it was The Waltham that started my interest in watches, and the reason I joined this forum. so here they are.

The one that started it all...1908 Waltham full hunter, 14ct GF. Dennison 'Sun' case.

RogersWatchPictures005.jpg

RogersWatchPictures012.jpg

RogersWatchPictures004.jpg

1924 Elgin 14ct Green gold filled Masonic dialled PW.

watchpix008.jpg

1938 Hamilton 14ct Green gold filled PW in original fitted case. Purpled hands.

Hamiltonpics014.jpg

Hamiltonpics018.jpg

My wife's 9ct ladies PW which she wears on a long guard chain...no makers name on this one...probably one of thousands of generic imported ones. Only 32 mm across.

RogersWatchPictures0041.jpg

RogersWatchPictures0031.jpg

...and finally, a cheap Chinese made Ouyi. Surprisingly, this has a 17 jewel movement, but was bought not to wear, but use as a learning aid to see the workings and hand setting mechanism of a typical PW movement. Crystals both sides, skeleton movement, and 'gold' coloured case...

Watchpics013-1.jpg

Watchpics019-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Some from my collection. This is an Elgin 'Father Time' that dates to 1919. It is a16 size with 21 jewels in gold settings with gold main wheel, micrometric regulator, bi-metalic split balance with gold balance screws and adjusted to 5 positions. DSCF0081.jpg

This is an 18 size Waltham Vanguard. The seial number date the watch to 1895. It is an 1892 hunter model with 21 jewels, and diamond end stones to the balance. It is adjusted to 5 positions with bi-metalic cut balance wheel with gold balance screws and a micrometric 'Star' regulator. With original double sunk dial and fleur-de-lis hands. Housed in a substantial silver Dueber hunter case.DSCF0083.jpg