• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Haggis

My New Watch Stand

Hi Haggis,

Those are really superb, especially the top one

on what looks like a piece of Burr Walnut ?

have you thought of going into small scale production ?

if so, I for one would be very interested.

regards Shiny

Hi Haggis,

Those are really superb, especially the top one

on what looks like a piece of Burr Walnut ?

have you thought of going into small scale production ?

if so, I for one would be very interested.

regards Shiny

I could make a small amount for members if they are interested, Do you think £20 would be a reasonable cost including postage for UK only. Note all my stands are individual and hand made, no two will be the same, although I have several designs that work very well. The burr wood is very difficult to get. I only have a couple that I could sell. Others are made from Oak, teak and other hard woods. I try to be as creative as possible yet maintaining a well balanced stand. Stands hold either 2 or 1 watch depending on design. Anyone interested should measure their wrists using a length of paper, mark the contact point and measure the paper, in MM. THIS WILL ENSURE that the stand is not too big for your watch. I will send photos of a stand to any member before postage.

Edited by Haggis

Hi Stevie, as you can see I am still trying to make the perfect stand. I am pleased that you are still happy with yours. The red watch is upside down which fooled me, lol. All the best.

The most important factor is i still use which i think speaks volumes for the design.

I think for me the best inprovement that could be made would be to make the cicumferance dimention the same both ways so that you can put a watch on in any configuration of crown up, down. left or right. I would be able to check how a watch was running and for fault finding.

I dont see this as a fault but as an improvement.

chers steve

The most important factor is i still use which i think speaks volumes for the design.

I think for me the best inprovement that could be made would be to make the cicumferance dimention the same both ways so that you can put a watch on in any configuration of crown up, down. left or right. I would be able to check how a watch was running and for fault finding.

chers steve

I think you are right, but it would be a circle, or a rotating mount might work better? Pause for thought!! Will try that next. THX.

Edited by Haggis

chers steve

WELL STEVIE, YOU CERTAINLY GAVE ME A CHALLENGE. :wallbash: :sweatdrop: So now rotating mounts 360 degrees and stand sits at 90 degrees to enable side mount for checking your watch.

Picture031.jpgPicture032.jpgPicture035.jpgPicture036.jpgPicture037.jpg :) :thumbup: Picture033.jpg

Edited by Haggis

chers steve

WELL STEVIE, YOU CERTAINLY GAVE ME A CHALLENGE. :wallbash: :sweatdrop: So now rotating mounts 360 degrees and stand sits at 90 degrees to enable side mount for checking your watch.

Picture031.jpgPicture032.jpgPicture035.jpgPicture036.jpgPicture037.jpg :) :thumbup: Picture033.jpg

Wow that is a great design Derek!

I love the 7 I have and as you know I will be looking to buy more of you.

How did you manage to put that design together? looks great mate.

Well Citz to answer your question about the design, I was reading the Karma Sutra and thought number 46 looked like a possible position for the mount. :lol: :censored: :eek: Getting the rotation was quite simple and can be achived using one hand. Lovely watches above.

Edited by Haggis