• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Krispy

Tissot Heritage Pr 516

According to a popular watch blog, Tissot are going to introduce a reissue of their Seastar PR 516 GL at this years Basel World. These were slated be be released at last year's event but it never seemed to materialise.

It will look something like this and I think it's bloody lovely, just wish it was out before I blew my clubcard vouchers!

2431710-16523468-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1328882952900

40mm, auto and priced somewhere between $500 and $1000. I just hope that Tissot release the reissue with some strap choices as the metal rally doesn't do anything for me! A good chunky 70's strap like the one below would be perfect.

I've always been in the market for an original, and still am, but will probably plump for a reissue now.

TissotPR516GL_SS_4.jpg

Part of me thinks it's a shame and maybe a sign of a lack of imagination that Tissot have had to reissue an old model of theirs, much like when Hollywood have to rehash old movies instead of investing in new ones (The Italian Job anyone?) but this is one of my favourite vintages so I hope this is the year it gets released.

Edit - a retailer has the white dialed version for £485 with an availability of 'Call us'.

ts-166.jpg

Edited by KrispyDK

I saw this watch on the same watch site. I like the thinking behind it and Tissot are definitely raising their profile at the moment. Like the case but not sure about the strap at all although it is quite eye catching. Looks pretty uncomfortable!

Cheers

Cool watch but I agree about the metal rally, I`ve had a couple of these over the years have found them to be a right pain in the wrist :disgust:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

I agree with what Mac said however the new bracelet has some "normal" links as well so I don't think they will be as uncomfortable as the original ones.

(image nicked from web)

unledqx.png

To be honest I love the look of the original steel rally bracelets (which was one of the reasons I bought this Globa), not the most comfortable but sometimes sacrifices need to be made :D

global.jpg

hi i have one of the old ones was my dads watch much get in done up one day the strap on this is nice to ware imho get a good old one and save some money to.all the best woody77.some photos of my one.002-7.jpg004-2.jpg005-9.jpg009-2.jpg

Done a bit of digging and it is also available on a black leather rally strap. I may have to break my rule about only buying for cash - i NEED one of these.

Andy

I spoke to a certain mountainous dealer, and while they couldn't give a definite date, they said I could order one today. So I did.

Just got to work out how to break it to the 710 now. What's that they say about being better to ask for forgiveness than permission?

Permission is for wimps - go on - live dangerously...

Nice watch though, might have to get one meself, permission or not!

Permission is for wimps - go on - live dangerously...

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I have already done it, which is why I have to seek forgiveness.

I just hope that is easier to get than permission would have been.

Do what they always do with shoes and handbags. Just balls it out and pretend you've had it for months...

:o