• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
handlehall

Anyone Lost A Watch?

I'm an honest person. I think I'll apply, with the forum's help.

Where is Leigh-on-Sea?

Want me to backdate a topic? :D

Top bloke, I hope he gets to keep it.

And if he's not a watch man and sells it I hope he gets a good price. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. Even if it does get returned to its rightful owner, I'm sure good things will happen to that cleaner.

Why has it not been reported lost or stolen??

I'd say that's a drug dealers piece, but then again, it's been a while since I've been to Essex. Maybe things have changed?!?!?! :yes:

Strange how no one has reported this missing ? I bet you will find the watch has been paid put by some insurance company and they have got serial number wrong or something like that or a footballers watch lost on a night out and they are so rich they don't care , hope the cleaner gets to keep it anyway.

Top bloke, I hope he gets to keep it.

And if he's not a watch man and sells it I hope he gets a good price. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. Even if it does get returned to its rightful owner, I'm sure good things will happen to that cleaner.

Why has it not been reported lost or stolen??

I'd say that's a drug dealers piece, but then again, it's been a while since I've been to Essex. Maybe things have changed?!?!?! :yes:

The five live phone in last week was about 'doing the right thing', finding something and handing it in. Nearly all the folk that found something of real value, after handing it in, got no more than a word of thanks, whereas people who lost relatively minor or inexpensive things, rewarded their finders handsomely.

I guess those with money to throw around, seldomly do.

I heard about this first on "Five Live" on the way home last night; Peter Allen stated that the police had checked via the serial number "and were aware of its origins" presumably then not lost by or stolen from original owner

Edited by handlehall

the spawny g i t has only found a second one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-17038519

they must have been stolen from someone who hadn't noted the seriel numbers and then dumped to get rid of the evidence? Can't think of a legit reason

I agree. Definitely something dodgy going on there, No one in their right mind would just loose £21K worth of watch, I don't care how bloody rich, and the fact that there is a now a cache of watches in the same area is just a little bit too fishy for me.

If I dropped that down a drain I'd prize the thing open with my teeth to get it out, or stand by the drain until someone came a long to open it!!

I believe the "watch count" is now up to 4! I wonder if it's the metal thieves losing them when nicking the drain covers!!!!

Or maybe it was stashed by the bloke who stole a fellow passenger's Rolex from the items tray whilst going through airport security in California. He popped it in his own bag and the owner didn't notice for half an hour!

The theory in Spitalfields market this afternoon was that he had nicked them from somewhere and was only pretending to find them. Still doesn't answer why they haven't been reported lost though.