UK Watch Forum banner

E Bay Alert Re Cwc Diver

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  andyclient 
#1 ·
Be wary if tempted by a good buy-it-now price for aCWC diver on e bay from seller maze55555.I paid for one ,a week later no watch,no tracking no. ,no reply from seller.A post on TZ showed up others with similar experience.

#5 ·
Unfortunately there wasn't any feedback when I bought and yes I too have fallen for the scam of maze55555 aka / Andrius Vika / paulius ruikis

paulienas@hotmail.co.uk

Phone:

v bertasiute Flat 2 92 campbell road E3 4ea LONDON

http://www.tz-uk.com...&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Spent an hour and a half reporting to ebay via chat feature, was it worth it? did ebay do anything?

NO

The seller is still free to advertise more CWC watches freely, the negative feedback rate for this cheat is rising rapidly!

I placed an ebay community buyer warning on ebay about this seller, it was removed ebay because it breached the 'NO naming and shaming' of members policy!

Is it worth informing the police, would they do anything?

Looking at the sellers feedback, its primarily buying and selling trivial items such as toothpaste, socks,stockings,stickers,leggings etc - building a false confidence in their activities then pulling a scam for selling a more expensive item that doesn't exist.

Or the item did exist, only 1, then the seller realised how much easy money they could make repeating the sale advert - stock pictures, same text in the ad, no communication!

The double whammy is ebay don't give a toss, as long as they get their fees!

Any approach to ebay is always met with their 'policy and privacy' guidelines answers, thanks for informing us will we look into it!

#6 ·
Can't you just send some boys round to his house then? Take something of equivalent value (i.e. His front door) and leave again?

:lol:

Or slander his name on every watch site you can find... Save other people while eBay think about helping you as the victim

#11 ·
I used to live on Knapp Road E3 4DP twenty odd years ago which is but a few hundred yards around the corner from the address mentioned. I think you'll find a library and a school situated on that site.

#15 ·
Just had email from buyer 'bd272' as I asked about their dealiings with 'maze55555' and the authenticity of the CWC watches they recently purchased.

This is there reply to me via ebay:

****************************************************************************************************************************

Dear bd272,

Sir We regret to inform you that the watch you have purchased item 110823717724 is stolen from us, the seller maze5555 has been arrested for the theft of many watches from us.

We are the manufacturers of CWC watches and in the first instance we would very much appreciate if you could call us on 0207 790 0900. The police may require your watch as evidence and regret that you have been duped by this person.

Also the warranty card is forged by this person and will not be covered by our warranty. Please could you email a copy of the warranty to mal@silvermans.co.uk and also a copy of the purchase receipt from maze5555.

If we do not receive this from you the police may well be in touch further pending investigations into this matter.

- dodge5700

***************************************************************************************************************************

It all makes sense now, the seller was stealing to order!

I don't think the buyers who actually received the watches will get their money back at all or get to keep the watch, as there now classed as evidence!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.