• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seagull 1963 Air Force Reissue.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done William, IMO they are superb watches I absolutely love mine :wub:

Seagull `1963 Chinese Airforce`19 Zuan

Seagull1963f.jpg

Shown here with a Model 0437 & another Chinese bird :P

Seagull3IMG_8079.jpg

One strange thing; I notice my pair both have `19 Zuan` on the dial instead of `21 Zuan`, I`ve seen loads like mine so has the movement been upgraded? :huh:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

One strange thing; I notice my pair both have `19 Zuan` on the dial instead of `21 Zuan`, I`ve seen loads like mine so has the movement been upgraded? :huh:

Mach, I think it was just an attempt to replicate the dial of the original, which was 19 jewels. So the dial markings didn't match the movement. They obviously saw the error of their ways, as later production (like mine) changed to 23. There are other small differences, btw. I notice that your sub-dial hands are the more logical way round - the fine hand paired with the more detailed sub-dial markings. And your star is not filled-in red. Either model is great, though.

There are quite a few 'variants' of the 1963 reissue, aside from the 0437 you (and I) also have. There's a thread here that details them.

Mach, I think it was just an attempt to replicate the dial of the original, which was 19 jewels. So the dial markings didn't match the movement. They obviously saw the error of their ways, as later production (like mine) changed to 23. There are other small differences, btw. I notice that your sub-dial hands are the more logical way round - the fine hand paired with the more detailed sub-dial markings. And your star is not filled-in red. Either model is great, though.

There are quite a few 'variants' of the 1963 reissue, aside from the 0437 you (and I) also have. There's a thread here that details them.

Thanks for clearing that up & for the very interesting link :thumbsup:

As you say they are great watches as is the 0437 B)

Thanks guys.

I'm having a hell of a time getting a worthwhile picture of this thing. :lol: I certainly do like the uncluttered mostly dial appearance of the watch. It's lightweight but sturdy enough for it's purpose. I'm not too fond of the NATO like strap, whatever colour it is, but I'm sure it is of a better quality then any Asian leather one would be.

Anyway, another less than stellar attempt at a photo. :lol:

seagull73.jpg

Later,

William