• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
stdenev

Can Someone Help Me To Date This Vintage Tissot

Hello guys,

These days I bought this vintage Tissot Visodate Seastar Automatic in a very good condition.

I am very happy with it but I was not able to date it at all. Searched on the net but only found similar models, this one is hard to find.

I will be grateful if someone help me with this issue.

Thank you in advance and regards

img0733na.jpg

Lovely watch. More photos would be appreciated. Best take it to your local friendly watchmaker and have him pop the back off for you (unless it's a screw off back then I would urge you to buy a tool and do it yourself). Some pop off watches of this period require a press in order to get the back on properly. I have a beaten old Tissot of my fathers dating from '59/'60 and that's the circumstance in its case. Good luck.

Stand back! It's Dick Browne fresh back from the watch fair to save the day!!

That's the caseback:

img0736o.jpg

For sure I will visit my watchmaker, but I had no time the last few days.

By the way the guy from whom I bought the watch claimed to be the second owner and as per his opinion it never been serviced.

Despite this it keeps the time very good :shocking:

It's a screw back case. My advice is to get yourself one of these -

Gehauseoffner_Uhrmacherwerkzeug_watch_case_opener_tool_outillage_montres_outils_horloger_Uhrenwerkzeug_Bergeon.jpg

That way you can open the back of the watch yourself and examine the movement numbers.

They're very inexpensive off ebay.

Don't try to service the watch yourself though! :nono:

Hehehehe,

Thank you Drum 2000, I would never think to service the watch myself :)) I am not such a novice in the watch area ;)

In fact I have such a tool but I bought it just to have it and than never used it...

But now I will try to open it...and will see.

Movement dates between 1967-72 with that writing on the movement its the earlier 67 version

cheers

Andy

Edited by andyclient

Nice movement - if you move the rotor around you should see a 3 or 4-digit movement number, I suspect, looking at it, that it's a 786, which would concur with the date of around 1970 (the movement was made between 1960-1972, so that would fit.

If it has a series number (ie - 784-2) that would help even more.

Oh, and hi Dan! :)