• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

1970's Watch Gallery

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many lovely watches here, but there doesn't seent to be much in the way of LEDs, which is what I remember most about 70s watches, so.....

And finally, a Hughes LED Calculator watch from about 1977:

6843895784_d021db9df1_b.jpg

Still chasing a decent Pulsar or the HP calculator watch...... :)

I thought I would chime in...:

4Electronics-1-1.jpg

4Electronics001.jpg

Watch-Quartus2000_2.jpg

4Electronics004-1.jpg

I couldn't push the buttons on all of them at once. Had to have the HP-01 in Gold and SS. Nice Hughes... Punch cards too!

I thought I would chime in...:

4Electronics001.jpg

I couldn't push the buttons on all of them at once. Had to have the HP-01 in Gold and SS. Nice Hughes... Punch cards too!

Nice collection - love the HP-01, that's definitely on my list! I'd happily settle for either!

It interesting to see that some shown here look just fine even today and yet others looked very dated. At the risk of offending Omega owners they seem to be the ones looks wise that haven't aged all that well.

Gimme a lovely vintage Omega over one of those generic Rolex things any day of the week.... :tongue2:

It interesting to see that some shown here look just fine even today and yet others looked very dated. At the risk of offending Omega owners they seem to be the ones looks wise that haven't aged all that well.

Gimme a lovely vintage Omega over one of those generic Rolex things any day of the week.... :tongue2:

Seconded. :yes:

I'm not thinking about vintage as in some of the ones you have up now and then, think more the tv dial, odd shaped dynamics and constellations, led digitals ??

Style over fashion/trendiness of the day anytime. Think along the lines of 911's, Levi 501's and the like even old still looks right today and the latest generation of the Brands follow the original concept and look and of course Rolex Subs in their various incarnations that have also stood the test of time well. :grin: :grin:

I'm not thinking about vintage as in some of the ones you have up now and then, think more the tv dial, odd shaped dynamics and constellations, led digitals ??

Style over fashion/trendiness of the day anytime. Think along the lines of 911's, Levi 501's and the like even old still looks right today and the latest generation of the Brands follow the original concept and look and of course Rolex Subs in their various incarnations that have also stood the test of time well. :grin: :grin:

'Now and then' is generous Bond, I am the flipping king! :yes: :D

Anyway, I knew what you were getting at, I just like having a dig at your Rolex watches from time to time. :lol:

LED Digitals are on the way back anyway, has no-one told you? Omega Z-33. That is all. :tongue2: