• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roamer Man

New Xtals - Help Needed

I'm about to order some new acryilics from Cousins and I want to be quite sure before I order. The sizing seems quite self-explanatory, but I want a certain type, and the pictures aren't too clear.

I'm puzzled by the term 'BCL (BSW&BSP)' etc.? I somehow don't think it refers to the thread size terms - British Standard Whitworth & British Standard Pipe!

I just want a low dome xtals that fits snugly (presumably the ones with the 'LD' designation) to replace the existing high-domed ones, which I hate.

So I have measured the diameters of the high-domed ones with the calipers on the assupmtion that this is this the size referred to in the Sternkreuz chart (to the nearest 0.2mm)...

...but is it that simple?

It's kind of that simple - take a look at http://www.cousinsuk...egory/2077.aspx and you'll see some reference sheets. I know they have a BCL one there, and there are others so you can check the profile and wall thicknesses etc.

In theory, if you have a 29.8 high dome and you want a low dome instead, then you should be able to just order the same size, but if the profile is a little odd, it may be worth checking the reference sheets.

IIRC, BSW is low dome, BSP is low dome for pocket watches and I believe BCL refers to a defunct manufacturer of crystals. But I may be wrong :)

Richard

It's kind of that simple - take a look at http://www.cousinsuk...egory/2077.aspx and you'll see some reference sheets. I know they have a BCL one there, and there are others so you can check the profile and wall thicknesses etc.

In theory, if you have a 29.8 high dome and you want a low dome instead, then you should be able to just order the same size, but if the profile is a little odd, it may be worth checking the reference sheets.

IIRC, BSW is low dome, BSP is low dome for pocket watches and I believe BCL refers to a defunct manufacturer of crystals. But I may be wrong :)

Richard

Thanks for that..

Engineer's Line References list codes beginning B - Railway Codes

5 Dec 2018 - BCL, Banbury and Cheltenham Line (Kingham to Cheltenham), 84.59 - 108.02 ..... BPS, Bristol St Philips Branch, 129.22 - 129.64, Derby, Formerly BSP ... BSW, Bristol and South Wales Union Line, 0.31 - 16.44, Bristol Temple ...
You've visited this page 4 times. Last visit: 07/03/19