• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
feenix

New Tissot Arrival

Well, I've posted on here regularly about the Tissot Rock/Wood/Pearl watches I have in my collection, and I've just had an unusual model arrive from Germany.

Found this one on Ebay, but as its an unusual model it was a little more expensive than most of the ones I already have in my collection.

The dial is inlaid with contrasting materials, chosen to compliment the natural granite case. The watch itself is the 33mm R151 model, originally described as the 'Mens model'.

IMAG0067.jpg

This is what the standard model looks like

DSCF2579.jpg

Here are a couple of other unusuals that I've posted previously;

Skeleton model

DSCF2562.jpg

Coral inlay

DSCF2584.jpg

We can't see the first picture! :o
Which kinda spoils the whole thread don't it?!!!

LOL, it sure does. Sorry guys

IMAG0067.jpg

We can't see the first picture! :o

Which kinda spoils the whole thread don't it?!!!

Fixed

I'd completely forgotten about these Tissots. I remember when they first came out and there was a bit of fashion for them. I'm not sure now but I think I even owned one once? Memory is fading fast...

To be honest i don't think they've aged that well from a design point of view but thanks for posting as they interesting with their use of unusual materials. We see so much steel, steel and more steel these days it's nice to remember some of the more unusual ideas.

Cheers

I like that a lot John. Slipped under my radar as well!

Love the Coral inlay - I'm still regretting missing out on the pearl inlay though I'd probably never have worn it.

Tried it on the stone bracelet, or are they not interchangeable?

They are interchangeable Kev, but the stone one really looks at its best on the matching black stone. I like the leather bands best anyway. Bought the stone one simply because my collection would not be complete without at least one. :)