• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
flowergirl

My Jlc Obsession Starts Here

Ever since my husband asked for a Cartier Santos I have been more and more interested in collecting watches. Every time I go to London I seem to end up staring into the windows in Bond Street or the Burlington Arcade.

I fixed on a steel Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso Duetto - sadly not the current model - and I've been on a quest to find one ever since, at a price point of $5-6000. I noticed that others start their collections at a modest price point so that might be the way forward. Any suggestions for a ladies' watch on a budget of £500 to start off with? I also like the look of the Cartier Tank Francaise but the new ones all seem to have a quartz mechanism and I think that detracts from their long term value.

I can't wear anything too heavy - a case size of 38mm x 23mm (like the Duetto) is about right for me.

Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'm spending far too much time searching for that high end Jaeger

have a look for a JLC Heraion-interesting "mechaquartz" movement- medium size about 36mm I think even get them with an alarm-solid gold capped not plated or filled ,vintage style look white pocelain look dial.-you should be able to get previously worn for £600 -£1000 quite easily, excellent talking point.

good luck on the hunt

Hi, Flowergirl...and :welcome: to :rltb: Good luck with the quest! Perhaps you and Rolex Girl should have a chat!

Edited by Roger the Dodger