• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
pg tips

Toothpaste And Polywatch

Bloody hell PG, either that was a completely different watch in the "before" photo, or you are geting quite a dab hand at this polywatch game.

Bloody well done PG, that's a cracking "after" transformation.

punk.gif

Yours is ticking away still Rod and it's all your fault cos if I hadn't have bought that one nono.giflaugh.gif It's still not got a bezel, I've bought 2 since with bezels that have both been working so yours is still waiting, the bezel Neil sent me doesn't fit it!

Missed a mint NOS blue dial blue bezel last week cos I though it finished at 7 and it finished at 17:00 taz.gif went for a fiver as well.

Seriously I do a Timex search every night now looking for anythin cheap and every now and then you get a little corker! less than a tenner all in!!!

I'm def got hooked on the 70's sports style. Got beat on another Fittipaldi the other day but I know it's gone to a good home so no worries. wink.gif

Roy do you know where there are any 70's straps for these the ones with the big holes in? The rate I'm going I'll need dozens of them!

Prices are dead weird as well saw a mil style one go last week for £25 ohmy.gif The very next day one went for £0.99p one bid!!!

that's what I love about ebay!!!

If anyone knows of any Timex sites or info, ads ets relating to pre qtz I'd be very interested. It's what I'm concentrating on now! biggrin.gif

Hi Paul, no it's the bezel that was on it in the top picture, it was just full of 30 years of gunk.

I use a sonic tooth brush a tiny bit of water and toothpaste and away I went. I was so glad the white fill was still there underneath,

hi pg

wow eek.gif that's the dogs dangly bits-and then some,congrats punk.gif

btw i have a few of those 70's straps,if you want to pm me with your address,i'll send you a few,i have a few dead/partly dead timex's as well that you can have

John your a star, any unwanted Timex bits and bobs gratefully received, Roy reckons I should change my name to captain timex!

Guest neil

Great transformation PG. biggrin.gif

I would also put some of the difference down to fact you are obviously a far better photographer than the seller. wink2.gif

That's down to toothpaste? Keep quiet or it will end up 5 quid a tube.

Hi Paul..............did you ask him what brand it was.......... taz.gif