• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Alex11

Custom Dial Makers - Bedford Dials

And then you are able to cut out the decals, and apply them to the dial? D'you think with practise and skill you could make professional looking dials using this technique? :-)

I don't know really , the thing is after spraying with three coats of laquer as per the decal paper makers recommendations the decal is probably a bit thick compared to the decals you get for model planes etc etc.

This is a dial i did the dial was a paint technique/accident really but the decals (name & 17 jewels) were done on an inkjet printer after being applied the whole thing was laquered which actually made the decal edges even more obvious.

Another problem with home printing is that you can't print white which clearly would of been a better choice if poss.

A decal sheet will cost under £2 delivered so no a lot to try and mess around with

Good luck

Andy

DSC_4667.jpg

Those dials look great TheCeladon !!!

I suppose you could design the whole dial on the computer, then print it all off as one, and slide it onto the painted dial? Then lacquer after that?

I'll do some experimenting and post the results on here.

unfortunatly , if you want a good looking dial you are going to have to pay for it to be done professioanlly , as i said before if you try printing it on paper or any other technique all you are going to end up with is something that looks cheap and nasty , if the above technique looked good on a whole dial every manufacturer in the industry would be using it , the closest you are going to get alone is silk screen printing , and that takes some practice.

Edited by pugster