• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I Am Looking For Swiss Made Watches As Birthday Gifts Chf 75 £50?

Hello, what I am looking for a classic traditional looking watches, but made in Switzerland for around CHF 75 £50.

Therefore, I want to plan for birthday gifts both male and female.

If you can give me details of the watch makers who are based in Switzerland, who are within my price range(Not Swatch).

As some companies / Websites claim to have, Swiss made watches but lie.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours

Farhan

I suspect that getting a (brand new) genuinely Swiss made watch (other than a Swatch!) for around £50 is likely to be very difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions?

However, Swiss made second hand should be achievable in that price range. Check the sales forum here, on TZ-UK's Sales Corner (note minimum post count required), on WUS's sales forum, on PMWF's sales forum, and on eBay.

Edited by Markrlondon

Hello, what I am looking for a classic traditional looking watches, but made in Switzerland for around CHF 75 £50.

Therefore, I want to plan for birthday gifts both male and female.

If you can give me details of the watch makers who are based in Switzerland, who are within my price range(Not Swatch).

As some companies / Websites claim to have, Swiss made watches but lie.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours

Farhan

When you find one let me know, as I will get one too.

yeah, as I've been spending an unhealthy amount of time looking at watches of all shapes and sizes I too think you will struggle to buy something new (and swiss) in that price range. Good luck with the search though.

Aren't Rotary watches 'Swiss Made'? If so, have a look in Argos.

Mostly not now, to the best of my knowledge.

From what I've seen most Rotary watches have no origin markings, so almost certainly will not be made in Switzerland. The ones that are still legitimately Swiss Made are marked as such and are, not surprisingly, the more expensives ones.

P.S. I see that Rotundus has a very nice vintage Swiss Made Rotary for sale in the Sales forum for only £30 at the moment. It seems to me that second hand/vintage is probably the only way to get decent and genuine Swiss Made for less than £50 nowadays.