• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Will Fly

At Last - A Bunn Special!

I managed to get an Illinois "Bunn Special" - 1923, 21 jewels, 6 adjustments, 9ct gold-filled case, etc. - on eBay recently. I've coveted one of these beasts for a long time and they're not that common either on UK eBay or in online auction houses, so I'm very pleased. Apart from the expected wear on the case (no brassing though), it's in tip-top condition and keeping good time.

It was a bonues to find tht the seller lived 20 minutes away from me, so I was able to collect and pay cash.

Bunn%20special%20face.png

Bunn%20Special%20movement.png

Thank you, friends! I can reveal that it cost me a mite over £200 - which, to my mind, is a snip. There are far more watches of this kind in the US to buy - but, by the time you've paid customs duty and postage, they're an expensive item.

Hello Will Fly,

After seeing your fine Bunn Special (BTW congratulations) I decided to do a bit of digging and see if I could find mine. Unfortunately it took a while to find it and by the time I did I was sure I had lost it or sold it at some point! I purchased mine before the internet (as we know it today) was in full swing and still paid a bunch for it. You have a lovely watch there and I might add a great little camera also!!!! Take care, congratulations and God bless....cordell

Thanks Cordell - I'm glad you approve! I've had the watch running continuously for several days now and it seems to be keeping excellent time. I love it and I want to have its baby! :lol:

fbys1s.jpgHello Will,

Here is a poor picture of my Bunn Special, it's a 60 hour and like yours keeps excellent time after all these years. I will try to get a better picture of the movement before posting it but attached is a picture of the watch. I also see from one of your other posts that you have a nice B.W. Raymond, hopefully I can locate mine and share that with you as well. Take care and God bless.......cordell

Hi Cordell - just back from Devon and seen your pictures - lovely stuff! Glad it's still working after all this time. BTW, I use a little table tripod attachment for me camera - keeps it nice and stable for watch pictures... :yes: