• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor Short Review

mitadoc

I was looking for the bang for bucks for more than an year.it was extremely hard to me to find good watch facing several requirements - at least 10 atm WR,sapphire,solid stainless steel bracelet,between 39m and 42mm for the case,reliable movement and of course - price under 150 Euro.I also wanted to be rare,different than Seiko and Orient and no fakes.

I am satisfied with choice.The Bernhardt company is well known by WIS maniacs and they offer good timepieces at resonable prices.

The things I like:

-design(case,second hand with anchor at the end)

-solid stainless stell bracelet

-double security folding clasp

-sapphire crystal

-Miyota 8215 workhorse

-kind of exotics - only 500 were made,mine is 118(it`s LE)

-straight lugs - better for leather bands

-good size for the crown,screw down with Bernhardt logo on it,easy to handel with it

-the price(approx. 170 Euro as new)

The things I dislike:

-weak lume

-no date window

The case measures:

40mm diameter without crown

20mm lugs

144gr. weight

Enjoy the pics:

Bernhardt_Binnacle_Anchor_001.jpg

Bernhardt_Binnacle_Anchor_002.jpg

Bernhardt_Binnacle_Anchor_003.jpg

Bernhardt_Binnacle_Anchor_004.jpg

Bernhardt_Binnacle_Anchor_005.jpg

Bernhardt_Binnacle_Anchor_006.jpg

Hi,

Seems like a lot of watch for not a lot of money ! I'm not familiar with the company so I had a look at their site. Whilst they are American are the watches made there or in Asia ? I see the movement is Miyota.

Would be interested in feedback from other owners .

Overall it seems like very good value.

Cheers,

Rovert.

I agree, It would look nice on a black perforated strap , but probably with no contrast stitching (or grey ... not stark white)

On one of my regular wearers I change from leather strap to metal in summer .... "it ain't half hot here Mum" .

Leather can take a bit of a hiding in the heat & humidity.

Only other minor point about the watch dial is that with 12 being so big & the index markers for 11 & 1 being so big they look a little bit too close together ( or am I being too picky ? ). Still I like the watch & it seems a real bargain !

Cheers,

Rovert