• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
tixntox

Rlt - Great Bloke, Great Watches

I have ended up with these:-

RLT8spares.jpg

I received a call from my friend as he knew I had an interest in RLT's. The caseback had a stripped thread and the pushers had been removed and the circlips were gone! :eek: Despite these problems and enjoying a challenge, I decided to go ahead with the deal. I consulted with local precision engineers who confirmed all the problems which I had envisaged if I went down the repair route. :stop: After a bit of research from other "8" owners on the forum (Thanks guys) a message went to Roy who actually had a spare case. :yahoo: The result is here:-

RLT8front.jpg

RLT8rear.jpg

As you can see, I have not replaced the missing lume and I do not intend to! That is to remind me that "If it aint broke, don't fix it!" It also shows which RLT8 is mine! :yes:

I have really fallen for this watch :thumbup: and can assure all that it is a keeper and a wearer.

Nice one Roy :notworthy: and thanks again to you and the other 8 owners for your help and advice.

Mike

...and can assure all that it is a keeper ...

Brave words Mike! :D

I've never been brave! Ask the 710!

Like that a lot. Any idea why they are not still available?

I suppose, because I got the last case! :D But seriously, you would need to ask Roy. The more I wear it, the more I like it. The strange thing is that I never used to like 3 o' clock large crowns as they would dig into the back of my hand. This one doesn't though. It sits very comfortably. I like the fact that it's not a screw in crown which makes it easy to wind (when not auto-wound) on the days that I wear my daily beater. The large dial is great for my tired eyes and also makes the dial less "busy".

Mike

Almighty thread revival!  It must have been a keeper, because I still have it!  It is usually worn for the odd meal out with the family.  My old, tired eyes can read the time (which it keeps, spot on).  Thank you Roy for all your help.  Much appreciated.  Keep on RLT'ing.

xUQfDp8.jpg

Mike

• Like 7

The Mighty Eight, a most excellent watch & still one of my favourite RLTs

RLT-8, Valjoux cal.7750 25 Jewels

1811735850_RLT8DSC_0009_zpszh5eh39v.thumb.gif.73228c6d990e657d959e84ed53e5a7bb.gif

1117112465_RLT8backDSC_0012_zpsuop8wjga.gif.bf0fbb8eb36e521e4e2f76a106353d99.gif

worship.gif.edd6583c4dd8eee234860c674629096f.gif

• Like 1

Not usually my style ........... But, that has something Special, I really like that it looks great :thumbsup:

On 04/05/2019 at 23:46, mach 0.0013137 said:

The Mighty Eight, a most excellent watch & still one of my favourite RLTs

RLT-8, Valjoux cal.7750 25 Jewels

1811735850_RLT8DSC_0009_zpszh5eh39v.thumb.gif.73228c6d990e657d959e84ed53e5a7bb.gif

1117112465_RLT8backDSC_0012_zpsuop8wjga.gif.bf0fbb8eb36e521e4e2f76a106353d99.gif

worship.gif.edd6583c4dd8eee234860c674629096f.gif

Love it. 

Is there any way I can get myself one of these!?:rltrlt: 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew999 said:

Love it. 

Is there any way I can get myself one of these!?:rltrlt: 

Only if someone who owns one decides to let theirs go but I wouldn`t hold your breath, hypoxia isn`t good  for the brain smileyfainttd2.gif.998729d3751c2fead0f635a67bcb6979.gif  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Only if someone who owns one decides to let theirs go but I wouldn`t hold your breath, hypoxia isn`t good  for the brain smileyfainttd2.gif.998729d3751c2fead0f635a67bcb6979.gif  

I thought as much! Lovely looking watch :thumbs_up:

I'm not up to speed at all on RLT other than (correct me if I'm wrong) @Roy makes and sells them? Are any RLT still produced and for sale? I think they look great and would make a superb addition to the collection :notworthy:

Edited by Matthew999
  • Like 1