• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

:crybaby:

It grieves me massively to have to post this, but as I can't get any sensible advice from the Police about whether to

publicise this or keep a watching brief I've decided to take some advice given to me recently and have a thousand pairs of eyes looking out for me rather than just my one.

Thanks for your help guys.

Oh, and make sure you not only have photographs but serial numbers too. I have thousands of photos of my watches and on some of them not a single caseback photo to help me with a serial number.

The following were stolen in a burglary on 29/30 Sept. If seen please contact Nottingham police on 101 quoting incident ref 350-01102012 or contact me via this forum. Thank You for your help.

Breitling Aerospace

Titanium case with gold bezel markers at 3, 6 9 &12 and on a black leather strap with white stitching

Case No 80360

Item Number VB603800

The battery is flat in this piece and will need a battery to work.

Rolex Air King

White Dial on a Steel Rolex bracelet.

Model 114200

Serial No M194613

Mint unmarked condition.

RLT11

Limited Edition #45 of 50 pieces

Case back stamped with limited edition number 45/50

Tag Heuer 4000

Grey Dial on a Tag steel bracelet

Model No. 999 213K

Serial No ?????

RLT29 Tag Heuer Edge

Black dial with no manufacturers’ name, on a steel bracelet with modified end pieces

This is a unique piece as there were multiple dial/hand combinations possible

The crown and case-back will identify it as a Tag with the TAG shield logo

The watch has no serial number but I can prove provenance

Kronos dive watch

Black dial ‘diver’ type watch on a Nato fabric strap.

Not an expensive watch but it isn’t a common piece.

Rolex Air King dated 1962

Cream dial with gold hands and baton markers

Date-able by the serial number to 4
th
Qtr of 1962

Omega Seamaster F300

Blue dialled Omega Seamaster F300. Stainless steel case on a new Omega black leather strap

Movement numbered 32xxxxxx dating it to 1970.

Case reference 198.001

A smaller sized watch Size : 36mm (excluding crown)

Rolex Datejust

White dial with white gold bezel on a Rolex steel ‘Jubilee’ bracelet.

Black printed Roman numerals

Model 1600

Serial Number 4447993

Seiko 6309-7040

on Jubilee bracelet

Dated to Jan 1985

Ladies Hamilton watch

This watch is a really pretty, feminine piece of jewellery from 1950

14mm x 30mm 10K solid gold bezel.

Black double-cord band that is likely the original.

Ladies Tag

Serial Number QV9902

Model WP1410BA

Light Blue dial.
Edited by Barreti
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, that is terrible news and you must be furious mate, I hope they catch the :censored: scumbags who did this.

Worth keeping an eye on ebay I guess, because the sort of people who do this might just be thick enough to stick them on there.

I hope you get them back anyway, or at least get a decent insurance pay out to replace them.

sorry to hear of your loss.

A timely reminder to anyone who has a collection of this sort of high end and valuable watches to make sure they take photos and keep serial numbers.

Also to remember to have adequate insurance and perhaps spread them around in different, secure places so they are not all in one place in order to minimise risk in the event of a break-in.

To the scum bags who did this, I wish you all the bad luck you deserve.

That really sucks. An insurance payout (assuming they don't find a way to avoid paying out) doesn't really make up for the upset and hassle.

If you can, keep an eye on local car boot sales - indeed any car boot in a 35 mile radius of Nottingham if anyone else is in the area.

I'm gutted for you. I hate the idea of someone coming into anyones house and stealing. Will keep em peeled on the bay. Worth saying a lot of stuff thats gets stolen like bikes, watches etc often ends up on other european e bay sites. Not saying our European friends are thieves just it's too well known that people search their own countries e bay so they try and offload it elsewhere. I've seen it happen with high end cycles. Good luck!

Cheers

Thanks for your comments guys.

To be honest, its not having the watches stolen thats the worst thing. With any luck our insurance should cover most.

Its the sentimental memories the watches mean

The Breitling was an engagement present from my wife. The white Rolex Air King was me blowing a chunk of my redundancy money when I got a new job and the Ladies Hamilton was a valentines present to my wife which much to my surprise she completely loved wearing.

You can't replace those memories with insurance money I'm afraid.

And now I don't have the heart to consider starting again knowing somebody out there knows I collect.

Edited by Barreti

I`m very sorry to hear this & I can understand how you could feel reluctant about rebuilding your collection but in a way that means the b@st@rds have stolen from you twice, if you were mugged would you stop going out? No doubt you will be taking measures to improve your home security, when that is done then maybe you could consider starting again.

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Barreti, it's certainly very distressing - burglars are the lowest of the low - and it will take time to come to terms with it I'm afraid. You can't replace memories, so I would say don't rush to replace the stolen goods - have a good long think about what you want to do - take your time. And if you do decide to start collecting again, I would give myself more piece of mind security-wise; get better doors, better locks, a NACOSS alarm, CCTV, good hiding places/a good rated safe, etc...

But remember, life is short - don't let the b@ast@rds get you down - it's later than you think.

We all feel for you, I'm sure.

Bestest, R.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. In addition to keeping watches in a safety deposit box, I keep the watches that I am working on in a 630 lb. Liberty gun safe with a 75 minute fire rating. The safe door has bolts on three sides making the door very resistant to prying. I have also lag bolted the safe to a reinforced concrete pad.

I realize it is a bit late for you, Barreti, but it is something for all of us to consider.

You can check out some really interesting safe torture tests at the Liberty web site here: http://www.libertysafe.com/

I see that Liberty has a dealer in England, according to the web site, in Thaxed, England. I paid the equivalent of about £1300 delivered for my safe. I would have bought a heavier safe if I had the space (I bought a Premium 20). I did a fair bit of research and concluded that Liberty's safes are the pick of the litter.

Edited by martinus_scriblerus

Really sorry to read this, it's every watch collectors worst nightmare.

With regards to your Rolex's they have a lost and stolen register. Report your watches and if anyone gets them service through an official repairer they'll be confiscated. I think this is the number you need to call but it might be out of date - 01732 752482.

Cheers,

Gary

Barreti, it's certainly very distressing - burglars are the lowest of the low - and it will take time to come to terms with it I'm afraid. You can't replace memories, so I would say don't rush to replace the stolen goods - have a good long think about what you want to do - take your time. And if you do decide to start collecting again, I would give myself more piece of mind security-wise; get better doors, better locks, a NACOSS alarm, CCTV, good hiding places/a good rated safe, etc...

But remember, life is short - don't let the b@ast@rds get you down - it's later than you think.

We all feel for you, I'm sure.

Bestest, R.

This I feel is good advice, though in addition to the above security measures can I also suggest a great big German Shepherd or similar with ruddy great big fangs and an insatiable appetite for ripping the arms off burglars?! ;-)

do you think you where targeted for the watches ?

Sadly, yes.

But if anyone can find my details from the limited information on forums etc I'd be interested to hear from you. I have always thought I keep a close guard on my personal details.

I'm sure you can imagine the alternative is not one I want to contemplate.

Edited by Barreti